2010 Honda VFR1200F Introduced to American Press

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

Newsfeed

More...

Moved to the public eye... Pretty neat...

I do see some issues with it though.

I wish they would have given specs.

Should make for a good sport tourer.

"4gasem"
Chris

And finally, the new VFR

Yesterday morning, American Honda invited members of the motorcycle press community to the unveiling of the 2010 VFR1200F in Torrance, California. The dearth of significant new motorcycle product from Big Red has officially come to an end.

The event wasn't fancy, did not feature famous speakers or even a polished presentation, but there was a sense of history about it nonetheless. This new motorcycle means a lot to Honda . . . maybe everything. Technology, passion, and pride are wrapped up in the VFR1200F in a manner not seen in a long time. Think what you will about the styling (and the styling is somewhat polarizing , not unlike Honda's Acura Automobile Division), the VFR1200F sat like a polished jewel as a couple dozen journalists buzzed around it with their cameras (both still and video). There is something special about a V-4, and certainly about an all-new V-4 from Honda.

As is typical of Honda, the emphasis was not on raw performance, but rather refined, user-friendliness. That is not to say the VFR1200F will be a slouch when it comes to performance. Hardly. Called a "1200", the engine displaces a full 1237cc of liquid-cooled, 76-degree V-4 power. Honda builds an 800cc V-4 that does well over 200 miles per hour (ask the guys chasing Dani Pedrosa down the front straightaway), so this 1237cc unit will undoubtedly pack some serious ponies. Sophisticated ponies, but plenty of them.

Link here

100809top.jpg

what the hell is the deal with mufflers styling these days? I mean WTF is that thing on the new VFR saying!?

And the one trend I really really hope dies out soon is the 'silly transformers toy' headlight syndrome. What's wrong with a good looking bike headlamp??

Back