09' vmax to be or not to be

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i called star today and talked to a rep. she looked into it then called back to tell me they show a late jan. delivery for another max due to the first being refused because of damage from the trucking company. i told her i was concerned about them fixing the damaged one telling me it was a different one she said that was not the case at all.
now on the way home i just have to go by the stealer my sales guy is off but another guy asked if he could help i said there is something on my mind so he said whats on your mind i'm the owner. i told him i was concerned about getting a repaired new max and i didnt now if yamaha would force his hand to fix it being its the trucking companys error. he told me that he refused the vmax and a yzf450 that were both damaged from improper loading and i was definitly getting another vmax . he told me he has all the claim paper work from roadway trucking and thats why he told the salesman to let me know about the whole deal to be upfront and honest no games. he said there is occations were there is a scratched fender or part that he will order but the customer still knows and he knows that getting parts for the vmax or the yzf would be like pissing in the wind.
so i feel a little better and think they are being honest and can back it up with paper and he said the new one be should be in within two weeks.
Chris :icon_rolleyes:

Thats a good question i will ask the dealer the next time i am there. i do know that roadway's insurance is buying this one maybe they will put it on ebay for parts!
I am sure Sean would not mind having one to get the custom mod work started.
Chris

well finally got the call my 09' is in and the dealer had asked me a few weeks ago before the folklift incident if i would let them display the max at the international bike show. i told them that would be fine as long as no one could come near it and they said no problem behind ropes and up on a stage. they told me it will not be serviced until they bring it back from the show.
i am not taking delivery until it comes back just to be sure nothing is wrong or damaged and i figure this will give me some leverage for a good out the door price plus some goodies to boot. they already gave me 8 tickets to the show should be pretty kool seeing it on display.
Chris

I'd be standing beside the bike the whole time slapping hands that tried to touch!!! :rofl_200:

I'd be standing beside the bike the whole time slapping hands that tried to touch!!! :rofl_200:
Well you could get 7 other friends (enforcer types) with your 8 tickets, set up a schedule for the 8 of you to stand guard.
You know, to keep friendly eyes on your jewel (not the family jewels Danny :rofl_200:), just for any suspicious types hanging around or even the dealer reps that may try to take liberties! :biglaugh:

i got my finger print kit ready if they aint mine or the my sales guy they will get a visit LOL!!!!
Chris

I just got back in from the cycle show and still have a half of chubby i finally got to sit on my own 09' i have to say it brings alot of attention the good thing is its on a platform and the owner of the dealership is 6ft away keeping its virginity. even my kids approve i am going to be in trouble when the start driving!!!
Chris :hihi:

Attachments

• ebay pics 058.jpg
    ebay pics 058.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 29
  • ebay pics 059.jpg
    ebay pics 059.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 28
  • ebay pics 057.jpg
    ebay pics 057.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 27
Sure did !! I think i hit 3 or 4 gears too but it was way to quiet LOL!!!!
Chris :party:

the 09' comes home in about 2 hours went and did the paper work and they are prepping it but not riding. i will post some thoughts of it from my 20 mile ride home later.
Chris:th_image003:

well the 09' is finally in the stable figures just as i was on the way to get it starts to mist with snow but it was coming home today regardless. it felt very smooth shifting and power felt strong but not radical it does sound like it needs more air makes some heavy intake noise. a new air filter setup with pipe/programmer should fix that problem.
Chris

Back