1.5'' Speedo?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joelyons50023

Reaction score
Does any one know of a company that makes a 1.5'' speedo that would work in the gauge cluster?

Does any one know of a company that makes a 1.5'' speedo that would work in the gauge cluster?

No, no one makes a 1.5in gauge well except in fuel pressure. You would need a magnifying glass to read the numbers

I will work you up a qoute for a Speed, Oil Pressure, Water Temp later this evening I am currently working on another project

If you are having trouble getting adaptor to match your new speedometer you might want to give Tom @ Cycle One-off a call. He already makes a conversion to fit a R-1 front wheel to the Vmax speedometer so he may be able to help you out.
Besides he is a forum member, a VMAX forum supporting vendor and answers his phone too! :thumbs up:

Does anyone know if these would be worth even looking at?
GAUGE-5-TOM-WB-4IN1.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Part...id=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65:2|39:1|240:1318

Not waterproof. Could be a problem if you get caught in the rain. Looks good though.

na thats ok I work at a dealership so I get 10% over cost but i found out that the 2240 ratio is the correct ratio. so I think that I am going to put the speedo in the place of the tach and get a tach to go in place of the speedo i also think that I will do something like what yankee did with the three gauges but I do believe that I can do it for a hell of a lot less than $500 no offence yankee. Now my only consern is the tach should I go with the pro-cycle fat tach or is there any other tachs that can be used that mabie waterproof I am even wondering how the cheapie ebay ones would work. $40 bucks mabie to see if it would work ok. has anybody ran non waterproof tachs and had any problems?

na thats ok I work at a dealership so I get 10% over cost but i found out that the 2240 ratio is the correct ratio. so I think that I am going to put the speedo in the place of the tach and get a tach to go in place of the speedo i also think that I will do something like what yankee did with the three gauges but I do believe that I can do it for a hell of a lot less than $500 no offence yankee. Now my only consern is the tach should I go with the pro-cycle fat tach or is there any other tachs that can be used that mabie waterproof I am even wondering how the cheapie ebay ones would work. $40 bucks mabie to see if it would work ok. has anybody ran non waterproof tachs and had any problems?

Of course you can do it for less then 500 but not a hell of a lot less. By the time I get done with all the parts and powder coat and materials I make about 100.00.. I can install some cheap ass Sun gauges for you and do it for 200.00.. Good luck with em after some rain and vibaration....
Also stop sending me messages about getting a tach to work... dont cry when you fry your ignition in the process.. Good luck !!

I Had no tacho working when i got my Max , the local yammy shop here said it was a major electrical prob and would be expensive.
For instance that noise you have when you turn the key you shouldnt have that . I thort he was joking but he was serious , i asked him if he had ever heard of vboost in which he replied - whats that but he wasnt a yammie mechanic . turned out i just swapped the guts out of another tacho - prob solved .

If it was major i would done away with the gauge clusters put a full Faux cover on her and installed 1 of these as the fitted straight into the speedo shell and would of looked the shit and would of had eveything i needed staring in front of me

Attachments

• digital-speedo-information.jpg
    digital-speedo-information.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 38

Latest posts

Back