12" Holeshot Mufflers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grimmie

Reaction score
I cut down my mufflers today from the original 14" cans to 12" cans. I like the look of 12" cans better myself. They sound great too. Still a deep tone but a little more throat-y. I posted a couple of pics from my cell phone. I'll get a video up in the next couple of days so you can hear it. Sounds even more like a V-8.

Attachments

• IMG00077-20100820-1211.jpg
    IMG00077-20100820-1211.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG00078-20100820-1212.jpg
    IMG00078-20100820-1212.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 89
It's a bit of a pain. They're a well built muffler.

If you don't mind...
What did you cut them with and what did it take to cut them?
Was there any tricks that would help, if someone else wanted to do it?
I have a Holeshot system I might consider doing it to.
Thanks in advance grimmie...nice job and great result!

The only down side to cutting them down is what did it do the hp, increase or decrease? It may sound better but you may have lost a few ponys

If you don't mind...
What did you cut them with and what did it take to cut them?
Was there any tricks that would help, if someone else wanted to do it?
I have a Holeshot system I might consider doing it to.
Thanks in advance grimmie...nice job and great result!

I ended up cutting them on a table saw with a Carbide tooth blade. The baffle is the thing. It's welded in place when the muffler is pressed together. If you're not careful, you'll ruin the muffler. I worked for a company that builds a lot of sheet metal fab type stuff for Navy Ships, so I've worked with sheet metal before.

The only down side to cutting them down is what did it do the hp, increase or decrease? It may sound better but you may have lost a few ponys

Yeah, I had spoken to Dale Walker about that when I purchased the system. I asked why he didn't offer 12" cans on the VMAX system and he said that the 14" cans made the same HP as the 12" cans. He said that he preferred the sound of the 14" cans over the 12" cans so that's why his system has the 14" cans.

Ohhhh man , you had to post that video, didnt you. Damm you , now I'm sitting here thinking of how to cut mine now..Thanks alot. Whats next, drive by passes with the new exhaust

Back