1200cc vs 1260cc

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steiny

Reaction score
Could someone explain the differences between a stock 1200cc engine and a 1260cc.

Thanks Steiny

1200cc (actually 1198 to be technically correct) is the stock engine size.

You can bore the stock block to accept 78mm pistons which will give you a displacement increase so you end up with a 1260cc engine.

:ummm: Im guessing the difference is about 8-12 HP, one of my stock 1200's was 115-117hp and my current 1260 runs between 126-128 hp.:clapping: better burn outs:clapping: Im shooting for over 200HP out of my next one:biglaugh:

It's a virtual linear change. 10% increase in bore is a 10% increase in power and torque given compression and other things equal.

Sean

Now from a cost factor, Is it worth doing this (to a motor that has no issues) to receive that extra 10% hp . I know some would say every bit is well worth it :biglaugh:. What might the con's be to doing this.

Thanks Steiny

A better cost scenario would be one of my 1300 conversions and leave your engine intact.

Sean

Now from a cost factor, Is it worth doing this (to a motor that has no issues) to receive that extra 10% hp . I know some would say every bit is well worth it :biglaugh:. What might the con's be to doing this.

Thanks Steiny

I wouldn't build on a good motor, a smokey one, or otherwise one needing teardown, absolutely, but not a good one. I'd go with Sean's 1300 first.

Latest posts

Back