190/60/17 in stock swingarm?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misiek93

Reaction score
Need to know if a 190/60/17 fits in the stock swingarm without notching. Is anyone running this size?

I'm in need of new tires and would love to go with the 190/60/17. Currently I have a 190/55/17 and I have just enough clearance on both sides to fit a thin envelope.

I found a tire size calculator that says both sizes are 7.48" wide (see pics) but I have no idea how accurate those things are.

Notching is not really in the budget becase of all other goodies I'm getting.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 190-55-17 sizing.jpg
    190-55-17 sizing.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 190-60-17 tire size.jpg
    190-60-17 tire size.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 11
That depends on which brand of tires. Sometimes the same size in different brands makes different widths. In that case if you are using same tire model only the diameter increases in 5% of the width in the side wall.

i'd say no since my 190 shinko (50 aspect) barely fits with a washer swap and a notch, i'm surprised u got the other 190 in there. one thing to take into account a taller tire will move its thickets part more towards the tank, which has less distance between the arms i believe.

i'd say no since my 190 shinko (50 aspect) barely fits with a washer swap and a notch, i'm surprised u got the other 190 in there. one thing to take into account a taller tire will move its thickets part more towards the tank, which has less distance between the arms i believe.
Good point. I'll just get the 190/55/17 to be safe. I'll need new tires in a season or two anyway I can do the notch then and go for the 200:biglaugh:.

Not sure how the tire fits there now, Prez did the wheel conversion for me so whatever he did it worked.

He probably has different rim offset compared to yours Garrett. When making the rim you can give the offset you wish just by laterally moving the hub relating to the rim

i completely agree. mine is a weld up kosman so its stock offset.

Latest posts

Back