2005 vmax opinions??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

remtlm

Reaction score
i do not have a vmax yet...but am looking and considering a 2005 anniversary edition....i was wondering what years are better or worse?? pros and cons to different years....figure i have about 7k to spend...less is better...but a bit more is also available.....the 2005 im looking at has 8000 miles and is for sale for $6700. willing to take some offers though...too expensive?? any opinions are appreciated as these are new bikes to me....thanks for the help
rick

1993 all the way to the second gen they are damn near identical.

The anniversary model is getting hard to find, if I was lookingfor one and it was really clean I would noy give over $6000 but thats just my opinion.

when does the second generation start?....there seriously arent better years or improvements??...thanks again for the help....
rick

I have an 05 myself and love it, I rode a 1985 for 19 years also. I prefer the 05 because it has all the upgrades the gen 1 has to offer and I really like the red color. If the $6700 is the asking price then you may have a little room for price negotiation depending on the market in your area. If the bike is vary clean I think that is a fair starting price but if you look hard enough and are willing to travel a little distance for pick up you can probable do a little better, there are some great deals out there. Is it stock? Are the tires new? There are several things that can make the price fluctuate.

Attachments

• HAC backrest install 031.jpg
    HAC backrest install 031.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 28
when does the second generation start?....there seriously arent better years or improvements??...thanks again for the help....
rick
The second gen Vmax started in 2009. By 2005 all the development had stopped (actually I think the stopped in 2004) and not much changed other than the color in the following 2 model years.

I bought my 2005 in November of last year with 13,000 miles and paid $6,500. Super clean and well maintained with over $3,500 in mods already done so I think I got a fair deal. I've only seen a few for sale since getting mine in November and they've been anywhere from $6,000-$7,500. I just checked and KBB has the suggested retail listed at $6665 right now so try offering him $6000 and work from there. Is it bone stock and really clean? Good luck on your decision and I love my 05 btw!:biglaugh:
Mike

I'd really like to find a super clean 05 myself but then I'd have 3 Gen I's.:confused2:We'll See...

There are really no bad years, I've heard of Max's going over 100,000 miles a number of times.
It all depends on how hard you ride and the maintenance you do....

I bought my 05 in September of 2010 with 10K miles in perfect stock condition for $4000. Get the 05 and you won't be disappointed.

Thats what I thought. Had always wanted a Vmax and when it showed up on Craigslist only 5 miles from my house I couldn't say no.

Latest posts

Back