2011 Eureka Springs rally info

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

train460

Reaction score
Looking at it and will plan for the rally in the ozarks in eureka springs
Arkansas for June 17-19.
If you really like to ride twisties and
canyons, this is the rally you need to make.
Also try to get into town by friday early as we have a 125 mile ride planned
into Missouri that will be a blast. You may need to bring an extra rear tire just for saturdays ride.
I will call the hotel that we stayed in last year and hold a block of say 10 rooms of so in the next couple days.
they seemed to be OK
Later friends
michael hansen
south central
**********UPDATE*******

We have twelve rooms up front, (that are being held for us)
There are also 7 rooms in back that are NOT being held.
Remember last year they ended up being booked and peeps had to look elsewhere for a room.
Your members can call anytime, but while we are closed they may get the answering machine; I will of course return calls ASAP. They can also book online via our website; I will be checking emails and online bookings at least every two to three days.
Remember to mention the VMOA or the v-max rally to get a (held) room

Have a wonderful weekend!

Cindy

phone: 800-870-2529; 479-253-7316
email: [email protected]

Last edited:
Krystal and I are taking off all week off to ride up there! We're going to take the long way around, if the weather's right!

Yep. Putting some Metzler 880's on, come spring. Probably have to put some on hers, too.

We are planning to make a week of it, weather provided. We are riding to Dallas/ Ft Worth on Friday June 10 and stay the weekend with family and friends, then up to Stillwater, Ok to see friends of hers there. Then over to Tulsa for a day, before riding on into Eureka Springs on Wed June 15.

It always IS a blast. Even with having to cut my ride short last year, It was a GREAT time. I think we had 35 bikes last year, good weather, nice roads, and NO COPS! LOL

here is the info on where some of us stay in eureka springs for the rally.
the place next door is the one with the pool and someone always stays there so we will have the option of using the pool also, but anyway.
I have also returned an e-mail on maybe getting 15 held up front.
anyway you need to tell them you are with the v-max group or VMOA
to get a held room.

Thanks for choosing to have the VMAX meet in Eureka Springs at the Edelweiss Inn again. I have set aside ten rooms up front (two non-smoking, king bed rooms, and eight non-smoking, double queen bed rooms) for Friday and Saturday nights, June 17 and 18 for the VMAX group. The rate for one or two persons for a one or two night stay would be $59 plus tax per night, and for a three night stay would be $54 plus tax per night. The deadline for individuals to book a blocked room is April 22; please let me know if you feel this does not allow them enough time.

If you want to book one of the blocked rooms, you can either do so online via our website, or you can call us. You know at this point you still have a choice between a king or two queens.

Let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Cindy

phone: 800-870-2529; 479-253-7316
email: [email protected]

Also remember. If you can get off for friday. i have a great route into missouri of about 125 miles that we will run noonish on friday.
later and pray for good weather. man it was hot last year.
Michael Hansen

Also remember. If you can get off for friday. i have a great route into missouri of about 125 miles that we will run noonish on friday.
later and pray for good weather. man it was hot last year.
Michael Hansen

Michael, what's the route you have planned for friday? Just curious to see if I've been over it before, etc..

looking at my maps. The owner of the Eldeweiss hotel is a bike rider and has a bunch of maps that he will give out for the asking. I tried to combine a couple of his.

62 west to 37 RIGHT at Gateway
37 north into missouri to 112 RIGHT
112 north to 86/76 RIGHT
(76) east thru Cape fear to 76/13 RIGHT
towards West Branson south to 13 RIGHT
13 south thru Kimberling city to 86 RIGHT
86 west to 23 LEFT
23 south into Eureka springs.

I THINK this is the route we took last time on SUNDAY and it was about 125 miles or so with a nice gas station break at about 70 miles.

map it and see if the milage is about right.
see ya there.
Michael

The Eldeweiss called. They are holding the remaining "held" rooms till the end of Aprill. Few more days. If you haven't reserved your room better call. Ypu know they will fill up. You can always cancel later if needed.
Michael

there are 4 rooms left at the Hotel for the Ozarks rally. They are NO LONGER being held for us so if you even THINK of coming better call and reserve one. Can alway wuss out later:)
we are trying to have our v-max group get ALL of the rooms at the front of the hotel so make sure you tell them you are with us.
gonna be awesome this year peeps.
Michael Hansen
south central

Krystal and I will be there, although we are not staying at the Eldeweiss. We are going to try to get rooms on the fly at the Ozark Swiss motel down the street, as we don't know for sure when we will be arriving there.

We are taking 11 days off, to go to Eureka Springs the long way around, via Dallas, Ok City, Tulsa, to see friends and family, ending up in Eureka either Wednesday or Thursday.

My Metzler 880's are holding up pretty good...

Wish I could make it this year again, but work moved me out to eastern Tennessee so don't think I will be able to make the pilgrimage. Not that I'm complaining about where I am now as there are some fantastic roads over here as well.

But, if some of you are on the fence about this ride, check out these pics:
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=13183

Have fun guys, and hope to see you there in a couple years again.

Here is the planned saturday route.
250 miles and about 6 hours seat time
If anyone that knows any better roads and wants to maybe lead and or make changes to this route please feel free.

Eureka Springs Saturday Ride
Long Ride (6 hours Riding & 250 miles)
Kickstands up at 0800
23 south thru Huntsville to 16 LEFT (east)
16 to 21 RIGHT (south)
21 to Tate Hwy 292 LEFT (east)
292 onto 123/164 STRAIGHT (east)
123 North at Hagarville
123 north to 123/16/7 LEFT (north)
Stay on 123 to the RIGHT
123 North Thru Mt Judea onto 123/74 (north)
123 to 74 LEFT (west) at country store
74 to CR 46 LEFT (south) MAYBE 1 MILE AFTER CR 84 ON RIGHT
46 to CR 45 LEFT
CR45 to Hwy 7 LEFT
7 To The Cliff House for lunch.. (870-446-2292) About noon
7 north into Jasper to 74 LEFT (west)
74 to 43 LEFT (south)
43 to 21 RIGHT (NW)
21 into Kingston Right, still 21
21 to HWY 412 RIGHT for MAYBE half mile then North still 21
21 into Berryville to 62 LEFT (west) MAYBE half Mile to W CHURCH AVE LEFT
W Church maybe ? mile to McKennon/221 LEFT (south)
221 south to CR 302 RIGHT (north)
302 to 62 Right @ Eureka Springs. About 2 hours after leaving Cliffhouse

Back