2011 Eureka Springs rally info

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the Proposed Ride on Friday if anyone wants to join.
Again if anyone wants to lead a Differant route that has better roads, Please step up.

Eureka Springs Friday (North) Ride
Approx 120 miles & 3 hours
Kickstands up at 12 NOON Friday

62 West to 37 Right @ Gateway
37 to 112 (state HWY Dd) RIGHT @ Seligman
112 State HWY F RIGHT @ Roaring River Conservation area
State HWY F to Hwy 86 left
86 North to Hwy 76 RIGHT
76 east to 76/39 RIGHT (south)
76/39 about 1 mile to 76 LEFT
76 to Rays Country store
76 East to intersection of 173/76 RIGHT into Cape Fear
76 to intersection of 76/13 RIGHT (south)
13/76 to Branson West onto 13 Right-straight
13 thru Lampe onto 86 right (west)
86 to State HWY P/23 LEFT
State HWY P /23 south back into Eureka springs

Well it looks like we aren't going to make it after all. I have ran into some medical issues that won't let me make it.

Y'all just have to have fun without us.

Well it looks like we aren't going to make it after all. I have ran into some medical issues that won't let me make it.

Y'all just have to have fun without us.

sucks dude. gonna miss Ya'll
hope you feel better soon.
later
Michael

Hatter, that is a real bummer for sure. Maybe you should get your sick butte up to Eureka Springs and soak in one of those healing hot baths to get better? I think you can still do that at that one hotel on the scenic hwy62 loop up through old town. I think it is called the Palace Hotel & Bath House. They claim to be able to cure anything that ails you. Besides, Shala and I were looking forward to seeing the new bike in your family.

Get better soon!

Michael, a person could find substitutes for the routes you have chosen, but none would be any better. There are so many to choose from, and they are all good.

I will not be able to attend this weekend. My Vmax's rear wheel bearing went out and it won't be fixed until next Wednesday. I'm only forty three miles away and can't attend :damn angry:. Hope you all have a fun weekend enjoying the Ozarks. Hopefully I can make it next year.

I've got to drive and drop a load at Pindall tomorrow. What can I do (you can't have my bearing because I'm going to try and show up saturday)
If you need me to pick up a bearing in NLR or Conway and bring it to you, say so. I'll help put it in too, but I don't carry tools in the International.
I usually make it to St. Joe around 11:00 and with the drop, I'll be clear by 12:30 or 1:00.

Sean, I really appreciate the offer I'm not sure which bearing, bike is at my mechanics shop and he is closed til Monday. I will be in touch with you later for other things with bike, I have been thinking about brake upgrade in future.
Thanks,
John

OOOOOOKKKKK!!!!! So was that an awesome get-to-gether this weekend, or what? (aside from all the wreckage, I mean)

BEAUTIFUL route Friday up through Missouri Michael.

I'm thinking an earlier start on Saturday, oh - say 6ish, should allow time for carnage cleanup and still arrive at the Cliff House by noon next year. What say you Michael?

Seriously, Shala & I had a great time again this year. It was great seeing old friends once again, and really great meeting new people and making more friends. We are already looking forward towards next years' rally in the Ozarks.

Thank you one and all (names too numerous to mention - plus - my memory for names really sucks).

I had a blast....wicked curves......you OZARK mad men are road killers!

just trying to keep up with you folks was excitment enough for my first year.....hope you'll welcome me back for more......

I really enjoyed wearing the Cobras off my 240.....never spent so muck time in and beyond the strips....learned a lot.

Thanks!

---Darel

Man that was a hell of a weekend.
About 38 bikes with i think 12 or 14 of the gen 2 present. Awsome turnout.
About 400 total miles on the 2 rides and 2 bikes in the ditches hard and "Ketchup" spilling his knighthawk trying to miss the stopped bikes.
Will let those that were involved post up if they choose.
Weather was also great, people were great.

If you guys that have pics and videos can burn to a disc and send to me?
Really appreciate it.
Thanks all and looking forward to next year.
Michael Hansen
12806 oak plaza dr
cypress tx. 77429

Oh yeah. Gigi said that some of you guys ride pretty good for being men.
She will have some of those, "You just got passed by a girl." stickers for you next year.

Mike that was a fantastic day of riding, next year I have got to make it down sooner so I can make the Friday ride :bang head: My wife had a great time taking the trolley into town for the historic and shopping areas (guys if she doesn't wanna ride along and like in my case knows I can be I whole lot more spirited ((big ass wheelies and high speed cornering)) bring them anyway, Eureka Springs has so much to do they will love it, trust me). I have 20.4 GB of video from Saturday, right over 6 hours worth. I figured out why some of the vids got foggy in portions of the playback, the relative humidity and the heat from the camera battery and the waterproof case do not like each other but the area in front of my speedo fogged up so maybe not a bad thing haha :rofl_200:I will work on copying everything to a disk and getting it to you and if anyone wants parts of it let me know, you can pm me here to let me know, it may take a bit but I will get back to you. I don't post to youtube or assbook cause these videos are for me and my wifes enterrtainment of how stupid I can be on a VMX12 and my luck the locals or the federales would track my IP address and nail me (yeah I know the paranoids are after me) but let me know who you where on the ride and what you want ant I'll work on it for you. Everyone thanks again for a fantastic ride, Sean thanks for letting me lead for a bit before you ran me down; Bones thanks for riding tight with me on the little dragon for the 10-30 times we ended up running it; Clay (Banker) buy a wheel and mount radials then you can quit worrying bout the bias plys, lmao your still damn fast on a 15" rear; Jim, I need to get down there and we need to hit this more than once a year and to anyone who was close by when I pulled a wheelie sorry about no warning but i need to find a sign that says "child on board" hehe. Mike thanks for all you did for this gathering, it was great. Scott

Wow! I really wish we could have made it this year! Been planning this trip all year, only to come down with kidney stones at the last minute. Dammit, I even had good tires this time!

Oh and one final shout out to a very special friend who's name I didn't get..... to the Carroll County Sheriff's Dept. deputy who rode mine and Rick Rash's asses for about 3 miles on the evening ride out to Beaver Dam, it's funny that you can drop a vmax into fourth gear and lug around at 2-3000 rpm's and it will give you all the torque you need even with your wife on back. :punk: scott

Hey RIck Rash. can u get me the info on who did your v-max emblems?
later dudes
Michael

Good morning Michael,

I just wanted to say thank you to your group for choosing to stay at the Edelweiss Inn again for your Eureka Springs get together. I hope you, Gigi, and the rest of your group enjoyed their stay, and that the riders that did go down are all doing okay.

Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend, and we look forward to seeing you all again the next time you head this way.

Cindy

email: [email protected]

Back