VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to mess with those and hurt myself as a kid but never did anything serious with them. One of these days I'll pick them back up.

It's a Kawi KX100

I goon ride pretty much all the time, usually unintentionally. I can see why they say having dirt riding experience is a great prep for street riding.

Kind of like if you can do calculus, addition seems pretty easy.

Plus, it's somehow more rewarding to absolutely fly down trails and scream up hills with an engine hardly bigger than a weedeater.

It looks a little too much of a sport bike sitting posture, not a fan of the short rear fender, can't see the engine with that gimmicky (plastic?)cover, plastic fork covers with intregated turn signals look cheesy, and footpegs are tucked back under your butt.
I like the tank with the scoop design, but they need to move the pegs forward, put a proper Vmax seat/ fender, uncover the engine, proper Ohlin front forks(USD) and possibly raise the handlebar/ gauge area to fit a upright sitting posture.
I think Yamaha has enough sportbikes to satisfy the public, and I think the Vmax has enough rep to maintain it's own style and niche in the market.

This is still by far the coolest concept for a vmax, and it's from 1996.

V2T108Copy.jpg

Kinda reminds me of the MT-01, but with the correct number of cylinders.

V2T108Copy.jpg

Back