2nd Amendment Rights in Danger Again

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strange thing here: The gun shops here told me today that people are buying the high end AR15's.

That is scary because people must think this will be the "Last Chance" to buy. One of the largest volume shops here is completely out of 5.56mm (Military, heavier bullet weight than .223 which is a 40 to 55 grain bullet). .223's are still on the shelf but the price is already up 20%.

Strange thing here: The gun shops here told me today that people are buying the high end AR15's.

That is scary because people must think this will be the "Last Chance" to buy. One of the largest volume shops here is completely out of 5.56mm (Military, heavier bullet weight than .223 which is a 40 to 55 grain bullet). .223's are still on the shelf but the price is already up 20%.

What are the AR's going for Dave?

Upper End AR's are going for $1500.00 and up. Low End is $650.00 and rising, that's up from $550.00 a week ago. Ammo is expected to rise as high as $1000.00 for a case of 1000 rounds before it's over.

Damn, absurd prices compared to what I paid for all of mine. I just wish ammo prices would go back to what they used to be before the last rush.

It's going to be insane, I'll go pickup the cheapest 7.62 I can find and skip new guns for the time. Sounds like stocking up on ammo is a better choice for now.

Damn, absurd prices compared to what I paid for all of mine. I just wish ammo prices would go back to what they used to be before the last rush.

You will never see it , Tex.

All pro/anti gun arguments aside, it's sickening how the gun and ammo manufacturers are able to increase their profit margins incrementally, with every publicized mass shooting.
The law of "supply versus demand" is so evidently in play. And the NRA fuels the hysteria by constantly insisting the "supply" will dwindle, or be cut off completely.
Gun enthusiasts are being taken for a ride - a ride in which they are only too happy to hop aboard.
Done with my rant. Cheers!

I picked up 2 more quality AR's and another 1,000 Rounds of Green Tip 62 Grain before this round of insanity hits good. Everybody bought the 5.56 builds I've done and there was only one left for myself.

"What Shall Be Shall Be", Now

You are right Miles and it is a shame. I just miss going shooting on a regular basis, unfortunately I can't justify the cost of the hobby anymore.

They could look a lot more intelligent if these interviewers had a clue what they're talking about....."owning a handgun is one thing, owning an AK-47 something else"

Give me a semi-automatic pistol in .45acp (or 9mm I s'pose) and a few hi-cap magazines
for self/home defense any day over an assault rifle.

they could look a lot more intelligent if these interviewers had a clue what they're talking about....."owning a handgun is one thing, owning an ak-47 something else"

give me a semi-automatic pistol in .45acp (or 9mm i s'pose) and a few hi-cap magazines
for self/home defense any day over an assault rifle.

+1, A pistol, a few clips and some marksmanship can go a long ways,

Really hoping the new legislation goes through in SC. Then I can switch from my FL CCW to SC. The fact I cannot carry in GA if I were to get an SC permit is ridiculous. Fortunately they have until 2018 in my book to correct the problem :punk:

It's legal to carry in GA with an SC permit now.

I must not have good gun control (at least not all the time), because I could never seem to hit the proverbial broad side of a barn with Shala's Chinese made hunk of junk SKS. Took us about 12 tries at a local gun shop to get two magazines that would both fit into it AND fire off all 20 rounds before jamming. When it went to the bottom of the lake during that boating accident we had several years ago, I shed no tears for it's loss. I still miss most of the rest of the firearms though - especially the SP89. Damn that accident!

I must not have good gun control (at least not all the time), because I could never seem to hit the proverbial broad side of a barn with Shala's Chinese made hunk of junk SKS. Took us about 12 tries at a local gun shop to get two magazines that would both fit into it AND fire off all 20 rounds before jamming. When it went to the bottom of the lake during that boating accident we had several years ago, I shed no tears for it's loss. I still miss most of the rest of the firearms though - especially the SP89. Damn that accident!

Anyone dropping a hook over there might get their shit ventilated by some well armed fish.

Odd, I had good luck with mine....before that dern waterspout came along. If I remember right, the SKS had a fixed magazine and fed with 10 rd stripper clips from the top.....maybe if you were using 20 or 30 rd removable mags a little extra clearance on the wooden stock would have helped them fit....Pretty sure I read that somewhere.......
confused24.gif

Moot now of course.

I know how you feel about the SP89......I lost a whole duffel bag of MP5's, not sure I'll ever recover! :damn angry:

Just go build yourself an AR. Select your parts and customize it as you go to suit your needs. Way cheaper in the long run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back