4-2 pipe, no muffler

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonoran6

Reaction score
Is there a way to get just the pipe part of these slip on systems without the muffler? I want to put on 2 brothers cans cut down to 12" but I have only found the slip ons that include the various mufflers, supertrap kerker Jardine etc

I just looked at his site, I don't want the full system, keeping stock headers. I couldn't find what I was looking for, would this be a special order that I should just call or email him about?

I doubt Mark has something to fit stock headers.

I'm not aware of anybody that make a collector for the stock headers without a can attached.

Let us know what you find out.

sounds like you want a set of rashed a/f slip ons to mod.

I think he wants performance headers to go with mufflers he already has. Many of the performance exhaust companies sell replacement mufflers. Why not ask them if they will sell the headers only? I know Hindle sells the items separately. I bet they all will to make a sale.

I believe he is keeping the stock header and is looking for the piece/pipe/collector to connect the stock header to aftermarket cans.

I believe he is keeping the stock header and is looking for the piece/pipe/collector to connect the stock header to aftermarket cans.

This is correct. I found a deal on 2 two brothers cans that are cut to 12" all I want is the slip on part that goes from my stock header to the muffler. Having difficulty locating such a deal

This is correct. I found a deal on 2 two brothers cans that are cut to 12" all I want is the slip on part that goes from my stock header to the muffler. Having difficulty locating such a deal

That will be tough to find. Best bet is to buy a set of jacked up slip ons as previously mentioned and modify them by cutting the cans of and installing your 2 bros cans.

Other than that, make friends with a local muffler shop/pipe bender and have them make you something to fit.

Never saw a collector pipe for stock header. You may need to have it custom made.
I would replace the stock header and put your mufflers on it. A good deal on an aftermarket header and you are good to go.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Like this, but without the mufflers. and not shipped from overseas...

4-2slipon.jpg

I have never seen a separate piece between the headers and mufflers. Slip-ons always have the parts matching to the head pipes already attached as part of the mufflers. They are a direct replacement for the stock assembly.

I have never seen a separate piece between the headers and mufflers. Slip-ons always have the parts matching to the head pipes already attached as part of the mufflers. They are a direct replacement for the stock assembly.

Well, look at the pic I just posted. On exactrep they have several different mufflers attached to this same middle piece. The only issue I have with that is their shipping price. I was asking here to see if anyone knew an alternative.

Then I would have to re jet and other carb related things that I have no exp with, and a shop would cost a lot. If I could get the mid pipe for $300 or less I'd have a sweet slip on for under $500, which is still a lot to me, but less than $1500 for a full system and muscle kit. Trying to save for a wedding AND upgrade my ride is quite the financial debacle for me.. 11 mouths to feed in my house and only 3 are pets..

You don't HAVE to re-jet with Marks. A simple shim under the needle and a slight tweak to your air/fuel needle and your good to go.

Get a hold of Mark and ask him about making you some 2-1 adapters for each side.
I'm sure he will, and this way you can use what ever can you want.

Back