6/20/2011 - National ride to work day ends badly

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their insurace will be responsible for all medical bills in the end. It would be a good idea to have to have a conversation with an attorney, I think you deserve compensation for pain and suffering to some degree.

Read the link, you cant sue for pain and suffering unless you meet the qualitative threshold and at that point you are suing them for much more than that.

Sam, first off, the main thing is you are OK. Sorry about the damage to the VMax, but judging from the pictures, it doesn't look like a write off. Hopefully the insurance company will pay to fix it.

We'll know in a few days.

I have the option to meet the guy at the yard, should I?

As you guys predicted. The bike is totalled. 6K worth of damage according to the adjustor.

On the bright side, he said if I furnish receipts for the aftermarket stuff they will factor it into the value.

As you guys predicted. The bike is totalled. 6K worth of damage according to the adjustor.

On the bright side, he said if I furnish receipts for the aftermarket stuff they will factor it into the value.
If you dont have receipts argue like hell with them & show them pictures of a stock one. Tell them you had no reason to keep receipts because you never planned on getting rid of the bike. Make them remember it was not your fault & you could claim a lot on medical.

Luckily I have the receipts for everything and the adjustor said its not a problem to have them factored in.

Really pleasant guy actually, I was quite surprised.

Buy it back and use the $ to fix it. Are you concerned about resale? I bet not.

Or, part it out & use the combined $ to go 'all-in' on a Gen II!:biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back