8.87 156.82mph

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
impressive for sure. That's a hell of an acomplishment for sure. Lot's of $ to go that fast even on a Gen 2. $ spent after buying the bike. Still very cool.
Steve

Looked like he bogged it a little on the launch, too. Could be some more spped in that thing yet :)

Lot's of $ to go that fast even on a Gen 2. $ spent after buying the bike. Still very cool.
Steve
Like the man said in Mad Max ( To Max ) "Speed's just a question of money, how fast do you wanna go?"

Looked like he bogged it a little on the launch, too. Could be some more spped in that thing yet :)

Just like the gen1, a lot of the pros recommend bogging the launch on the gen 2 also....helps preventing wheel spin with all that torque, and keeping the front down. Jay and Dale rode it like that with the 1 and 2.

Since this is the fastest time on video by UFO.....probably went slower with no bog.....plus with the traction of a slick, it may seem like a bog but was just hookin up and pulling the revs down.

Jus my 3 cents.

Word within the community is that Cornell was running a S*&T ton of nitrous when he got that time.

Word within the community says that Jon Cornell is a douche. Just ask Sean! lol

I actually saw the bike in person, before me and Jon had an apparent falling out. And it did not have nitrous. From what I could see it had alot of weight removed and has an air shifter but it definetly didnt use nitrous unless he removed it after the run. But I actually sat on that bike. It was lowered a good 2" and it felt really light. But he said he retired that bike and had another brand new one sitting next to it. Must be nice. Ed✨

Use a drag race / horsepower calculator like: http://www.dragtimes.com/horsepower...ubmitButtonName=Calculate+Horsepower+Estimate

and put the numbers in there:
Trap Speed = 156.82
Et = 8.87 Seconds
Weight = 683+rider (Jon is a little guy 120 would be too light but..) = 800lbs

That means it would be putting out 233.68 HP... doubt very much he did this w/out spray.

I'd be willing to bet my left nut that he had a 40 to 50 HP shot in there.

Regardless.. still effin fast!

Jeff

Oh, newbie weighing in here... The bike makes about 180HP stock, taking into consideration 15% HP loss through drive train, that's 157.25 RWHP. So... if the HP calculator is correct, the bike would need 76.43 additional (theoretically) RWHP in order to make the run. I can tell just by listening to the bike, it wouldn't be a far stretch to do it without NOS. It's got intake/exhaust work done, probably has some computer remapping, and if it's had any internal work at all, completely feasible without NOS.

They make about 165-170 rwhp stock. The absolute best intake/exhaust and computer work only gets them a little over 200 rwhp. I know he got the bike much lighter and got rid of some of the limiting factors like the throttle by wire (if I remember correctly). It's potentially possible but not all that likely without some assistance.

I can see it happening, there are a couple guys that are getting VERY low 9's, I remember 8.99 with no wheelie bars (Unless I'm crazy). With bars, and a reflash (that was not available when he made this run) to remove the bog, I can easily see 8.80's with a good pilot.

The bog is generated by the throttle by wire system which I believe was eliminated on that bike.

Back