'85 Tire Question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

45/70 GOVT

Reaction score
I'm new here and I've done quite a bit of searching but can fing no difinitive answer to my question. I have the stock whells on my '85 and don't particurly care for the light aluminum on the one side of the wheels and the black on the other. On top of that, they look as though they would be a pain in the a$$ to polish.

I do, however, like the look of the 2001 or 2002 wheels as the are polished on BOTH sides of the wheel.

My question is, will the newer rims fit on my mike without any modification. I feel like the dimisions of the wheel didn't change any over the years from 1985 to 2007, just correct my if I'm wrong on this one.

I would be useful to know what wheels will fit and which would not.

Thanks for resourses found here and thanks in advance for any replies to my questions,

Regards,
Robby

Thanks Captain!! Will the 'newer' style calipers bolt right up to the existing holes in the fork tubes and rear caliper arm? I wouldn't mind upgrading to some of the more current/larger calipers. Bigger/better calipers are always a good thing in my opinion. :wink:

Regards,

Robby

Thanks Captain!! Will the 'newer' style calipers bolt right up to the existing holes in the fork tubes and rear caliper arm? I wouldn't mind upgrading to some of the more current/larger calipers. Bigger/better calipers are always a good thing in my opinion. :wink:

Regards,

Robby

no they won't. you would need adapter plates and newer style rotors

or morley sells busa adapters. see this thread:

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?p=251303#post251303

For years, I've always meant to paint the rear wheel black, covering up the polished side. Having a 2-tone wheel always seemed a bit screwy to me. I probably wouldn't mind the entire wheel being polished, but a decent rattle can of black paint would make the wheel look better than a half-assed attempt at polishing the black side. I'd do both wheels flat black, cover up all polished areas, and feel good about it.....

this is welded up, but flat black doesn't look bad at all!

Attachments

• 2010-10-28 21.02.24.jpg
    2010-10-28 21.02.24.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 2010-10-28 21.02.41.jpg
    2010-10-28 21.02.41.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 19
Back