9.72@148 with problems

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Todd I was behaving at thunder, brand new tires . Make NO MISTAKE I could have smoked any of you guys on your gen I's at any time. The ride we went on was a GROUP ride not a show them what a gen II has ride.

It's the same everywhere the Gen 1's and 2's get together. Certain guys on Gen 1's think they have something to prove so they ride as fast as they can on what's supposed to be a fun group ride. Then they tell you later you couldn't keep up. Meanwhile you were enjoying the scenery and not even breaking a sweat.

It's kinda funny.

What's the matter Rick.....you didn't know it was a race? :rofl_200:

Anytime any of you Gen 1 guys want to take a couple runs throught Deals gap let me know. I've only been there once....but it was a lot of fun.

Mark , funny thing is :rofl_200: there was a video taken of our ride through the twisties that would show plain as day that while the Gen I guys were down shifting to at least third (prolly 2nd) and back through the gears , I had my feet up on the HWB's and never shifted out of 5th. Video never got posted :ummm:

That is a nice picture. I don't have curves around here so I try to utilize the opportunity when I get a chance. Some guys get to ride curves all year round.

I'm prolly around 165 suited and most of that is BALLS! ask the guys I ride with.

LOL, right. I am 220lbs before gear so probably about the 80lbs difference I said. Makes a huge difference in acceleration.

Rick I could have went down that mountain in 5th gear also it was all down hill down a mountain ya ding-dong. You can only go as fast as a bike and your balls will let you. Rick Im sorry you dident get the memo (understand) but we made it clear before we went on that ride with you that we wanted to see how bad a gen 2 could eat up a gen 1. Like the itgoes said the gen 1 guys want to know. And like Toddler said it dont matter how fast the bike is if the rider cant ride or dont have the balls to ride hard. Im not sure how good of a rider you are rick because the only time i got to see how fast your gen 2 is was in a couple of straight aways and even though you did a good job at realing me in after i took off on you it wasent you that took off on me and it wasent from a dig. Me and Toddler both know a gen 2 can out run a gen 1 but im sure what ever you have bike for bike if you are gonna run us you better be on your a game. You dident want to tell us how good of a job we did on that mountain on gen 1 but thats ok because we had two other gen1 on that ride with very good riders and we placed in the same spots as we always do when it comes to skill. And if you watch the vidio you were in front of them and not showing us anything. I had my feet on the foot pegs of my gen 2 following gen 1 all the way down a mountain is a cop out if you ask me. Im here to tell you if anyone of us Michigan hoolagans would have been on a gen 2 the gen 1 guys would have been crushed. well maybe not Jeff. In my opinion he dident have the balls to show up. Actully he rides like you calm and safe and im ok with that if you dont run your mouth about how great of a rider you are and than never show us. Like always im just keeping it real and dont get me wrong Rick/Jeff i think you both are great guys and i dont want you to show me or anyone else how you can ride if you will be out of your skill level. But if you dont have the skills try not to take the keyboard warrior shit to far. And if you do have the skills let everyone see them. If i had a bike still i would like nothing more than to go down that mountain again and have rick crash me on a gen 2. I know im a fast skilled rider maybe not the best but i can hold my own and if you can out do me i want to see it. The cool factor at that speed is big and alot of fun. Im sorry i sold my bike Rick and i would like nothing more than to run down that mountain with you again. But it is what it is.

Know a couple people with gen 2's but only one of them races it, runs 10.30's with the only thing done is the clutch mod. Good start Todd, you'll get faster

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I know a couple people that run there Gen 2's they all have exaust nash flash etc. Brett has run some 9.80's Bob some 9.70's & Jody runs 9. 40's . You have a good start I am sure you will go much faster with time.

Both lighter weight guys too if I remember correctly. I just watched one running higher tens a couple of weeks ago. Of course the rider isn't exactly a tiny guy. Also, practice like those guys do makes a ton of difference.

Both lighter weight guys too if I remember correctly. I just watched one running higher tens a couple of weeks ago. Of course the rider isn't exactly a tiny guy. Also, practice like those guys do makes a ton of difference.

I'm no drag racer and weigh 210 suited. I ran 10.20 very first time on the bike with $800 dollars worth of bolt ons. After 3 trips to the track I ran 9.87. Suspension is totally stock, did not even strap the front.

No offense but anybody who can't run very low 10's on a Gen 2 with just a pipe and tune either is a really big guy, does not know how to ride, or is just there for fun.

And like you said practice is very important. 95% of the guys going to the track on Gen 2's are there just to have fun....they are not racers. Anybody that has put any type of effort in, is in the mid to high 9's no problem.

A turbo Busa is in a whole other league all together. I just got home from a bike night and my buddy who has a Busa with punched out race motor from Carpenter Racing pulled me before I was out of 2nd gear in 3 stoplight races. His friend has a turbo Busa and Gixxer and the Gixxer pulls my buddies Busa very easily.

I'm not sure how this topic got on Vmaxs......sorry. Todd your Busa is badass and like I said way back in this thread it is capable of 8 second 1/4 miles once you get it set up.....but you already know that:biglaugh:

95% of the guys going to the track are there just to have fun....they are not racers.

See I think that is 100% correct statement there. Whether its a Gen 2 Vmax, a ZX14, a Harley or the little kid on his Honda 50.

Which then trickles down to the street as well. 99% of street riders can't take advantage of the power or handling most bikes offer now a days.

So after what Itgoes pointed out , I think you need to get your bike sorted out , don't be scared of the bike and get some more seat time. My Busa pulls real well on the street and the track as Itgoes also pointed out , but that is also because I have been on it for a long time and know what she can or can't do

If I dont sell the bike this weekend, I ll try and get out to the track next weekend.

I am thinking I am going to come out of the hole at 10,000 with the new hook up tire and just give it total hell. Hopefull I ll have my air shifter up and going.

I think that should get me 9.40-50's super easy. Maybe if I am lucky and don't eat a donut before the track day I ll hit a 9.30 on it.....

Right now its at the shop getting the map sensor looked at and the stutter problem. I shoudl have it back by the weekend I hope.

Why would you come out of the hole @ 10,000 ??? that is just short of red line . I am at 217 hp and come out at about 4000, 4500 the most and slip her out and get WOT before the 60ft . You come out at 10,000 rmp the tire will spin or she will stand up on ya or if you really don't know what you are doing worse . Its not a 600 you are riding

With the tall slick on back I think that slipping clutch at 8,000 rpm helped me come out better. It just had too much grip and bogged bad when I tried lower. The turbo started to really spool up at 8000 rpm as well, so I think as the motor dug in, the turbo was closer to spooling better.

But the deal has been made, the bike is leaving Tuesday. So I have no more time on it anymore. Kinda sad, but next year I ll buy a 2008 or newer Gen 2 and either buy a already done super low miles turbo or buy something brand new and just put a pipe a tune and a 50 shot bottle and run high 8's that way. Wont be as much fun... but would be more reliable.

Todd

Back