97VMAX-ECU Issues?? Where can i find one?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navydive

Reaction score
Realized I wasnt getting all the horsepower, figured it was the carbs. Started troubleshooting and determined that only 3 cylinders are firing. 3 of 4 sparkplugs are dirty and 1 looks brand new. Thinking its either the ECU or a wiring issue. Does anyone know where i can find a used ECU? Brand new is 800$. Part # is Yamaha 3JP-82305-13-00.

Thanks,

Pat

I would check the coil for spark on the cylinder that isn't firing. Sean Morley can hook you up with any needed parts for a great price, and also has an electrical parts loaner program!

Realized I wasnt getting all the horsepower, figured it was the carbs. Started troubleshooting and determined that only 3 cylinders are firing. 3 of 4 sparkplugs are dirty and 1 looks brand new. Thinking its either the ECU or a wiring issue. Does anyone know where i can find a used ECU? Brand new is 800$. Part # is Yamaha 3JP-82305-13-00.

Thanks,

Pat

Thats not the part number for a full power '97 model... TID 14-93 3JP12 may be a better guess... Check this thread...

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=22780

Back