A Couple Pics of My Bike

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBreinin

Reaction score
I shot these today after I installed the Trapps. I still have a lot of detailing to do and I will be doing some painting on the engine, but here it is as it sits today.

V-Max1.JPG

V-Max2.JPG

Looking good!
I like the blacked out look, is it powder coated, or painted?
Make sure you post some pics in the garage if you haven't already...

Looking good!
I like the blacked out look, is it powder coated, or painted?
Make sure you post some pics in the garage if you haven't already...

The scoops, side panels, carb covers and the part of the diaphragm caps were powder coated by a former owner. It also used to wear a black powdercoated Kerker. However, when I got the bike it was wearing stock pipes. The Trapps are a major upgrade, bike is quicker as well. Sounds mean!

Mike

nice i like the black trapps where did u get those?

I got them from E-bay. They are up there pretty regularly. They were under $300 brand new. Of course, calling them "slip ons" is a real stretch. More like "hammer ons" :biglaugh:

Mike

The scoops, side panels, carb covers and the part of the diaphragm caps were powder coated by a former owner. It also used to wear a black powdercoated Kerker. However, when I got the bike it was wearing stock pipes. The Trapps are a major upgrade, bike is quicker as well. Sounds mean!

Mike

How do you powder coat the carb covers arent they plastic and in order for powder coat to flow you need to heat the part to 400F 10-15 mins

How do you powder coat the carb covers arent they plastic and in order for powder coat to flow you need to heat the part to 400F 10-15 mins

Perhaps he painted those. I didn't do the work, I am just regurgitating what I was told. :biglaugh:

Mike

Back