accent light color

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LED accent light color

• Blue

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Red

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • White

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Yellow

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Purple

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Green

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KJShover

Proud Vmax lover
Reaction score
While Archangel is stripped down again, I was thinking what a great time to add some accent lighting. My thing is, what color? In art, the opposite color on the color wheel is said to be the accent color. Well, I'm not big on the green. I'm leaning towards red or blue, I just wanted to some input on the colors.

The new color is going to be candy red w/ silver accents.

Here is a couple of shots of my old chopper, I did 20 LEDs, in blue, when all was said and done. It was kind of a pain in the ass to keep everything hidden. Not much room to hide things on a chopper, but the breathe option looked pretty cool.

bike1q.jpg

bike2e.jpg

Think the blue led's off the red will probly give the 'Angel' a purpleish hue which could look really cool....hard to say what the red off red would do...:confused2:

Clear ones look good on just about anything. Kury makes a set that can cycle between several different colors, and I've seen some that have "infinite" color adjustment. Granted they're more expensive.

I got generic LED's off ebay for my snowmobile (green on green). Search for "5050" led's....they are much brighter than the "3528" ones and don't really cost any more. They were like $6 for a 80cm strip or something and are super bright. Compared to some 3528 strips I had a while ago it's no comparison. Huge difference in brightness.

"Ra," not gettin' much use out of a snowmobile this or last season, are you?

I like the idea of the cycling lights, just-wait for your favorite color!

"Ra," not gettin' much use out of a snowmobile this or last season, are you?

I like the idea of the cycling lights, just-wait for your favorite color!

Yeah, two days with the high pushing 60* will limit sled use. Sucks since conditions were primo beforehand.

....and that's why I don't spend a lot of money on snowmobiles. Way too easy to get shafted out of an already short season by mother nature. The highways don't melt if it gets too cool for a day.

Clear ones look good on just about anything. Kury makes a set that can cycle between several different colors, and I've seen some that have "infinite" color adjustment. Granted they're more expensive.

I got generic LED's off ebay for my snowmobile (green on green). Search for "5050" led's....they are much brighter than the "3528" ones and don't really cost any more. They were like $6 for a 80cm strip or something and are super bright. Compared to some 3528 strips I had a while ago it's no comparison. Huge difference in brightness.

Those are the ones I'm going to use.
I'm planning on building some pods to use with some strips.

I think White is Awesome highlghts any color on any bike and reflects well . I have blue and i hate it im going with white and a purple strobe

i - ULTRAVIOLET / BLACK-LIGHT / PURPLE - ! .. CASE CLOSED ! .:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::rofl_200::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::rofl_200::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

I think purple will make the police stop you if you use them while riding.

I think purple will make the police stop you if you use them while riding.

Up here, you can't run them while you ride. Only can be used while park.
Hmmm, but then again; I have a fast bike, pursuit training, working knowledge of police procedures, and over many driving/riding my streets. I'd say I have a pretty good advantage :rofl_200:

In Pa it's perfectly legal to ride with the LED's on. They look at it like they make motorcycles more visible to cagers which is cool by me. We need all the help we can get. I even run my LED's in either breathe mode or constant on. I do have flashing modes as well but I'll just use those at shows and car cruises.

Has anyone else noticed that the poll graph colors are a red bar for blue and a blue bar for red ? I think there may be some kind of sublimanal (?)message there

Thanks for the votes and the input! I know I could count on you guys.

This afternoon, I ordered 300 wide angled, flat topped, 5mm red LEDs for the accent, and 50 flat top, 5mm in purple. I'm putting the purple around the Vboost area. It will fade in and out light it's breathing or a heart beat. Before I finish up painting my bellypan and tail section I'm going to fab up the pods and strips.

Back