Added EBC Brake Pads, Fork Leaks Now

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John R

Reaction score
Well, I added the EBC HH brake pads front and rear. There is a very noticable difference in braking power now. However, the very same day I adDed the pads and tried it out, I noticed oil on my right fork that was left behind as the fork moved up and down from braking. I try to have at least 10psi in the forks. Coincidence or cause and affect?

Well, I added the EBC HH brake pads front and rear. There is a very noticable difference in braking power now. However, the very same day I adDed the pads and tried it out, I noticed oil on my right fork that was left behind as the fork moved up and down from braking. I try to have at least 10psi in the forks. Coincidence or cause and affect?

Coincidence! I have had EBC's on my bike since it had 150 miles on it and had no issues. What you need is some real springs and no air and of course new fork seals...

Yeah , & make that OEM fork seals - don't even think about LeakProofs ! ( don't ask how I know...):biglaugh:

Well, I searched the forum for leaking fork seals and referenced my manual. I don't have the tools (and patience) to do this myself, so it's off to the dealership.

Back