Air Scoop color

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
Trying to decide if I pc my scoops gloss black like everything else, or if I do them chrome silver, or if I get a set of chrome scoops. I am not sure if I like the shine of chrome scoops, but not sure if I would like the all black scoop either.

Anyone with pictures? Lee didnt you do your scoops black?

Picture please.

I got the springs, but didnt think to ask what size they were. They were smaller diameter early style. Though they may have worked with a washer, I just made a spacer instead. Thanks though!

Todd

why not just cover one of yours with a black bag, or some tape, then stand back and see if you like it. Mine are black. I think the bike looks sleeker with black scoops. Google some images of vmaxs in your color, and see what scoops you like

Hopefully this will help a bit

m97f.jpg

I had mine powder coated flat black. I also put on some red and black Kevlar and Carbon Fiber. I will post a little more info when I have time to really buff the new covering.

Attachments

• IMG_0409 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0409 (Large).jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0410 (Large).jpg
    IMG_0410 (Large).jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Todd i think black scoops with chrome end inserts would look good. Maybe a set of chrome slide covers with yamaha tune forks on them.

Michele says it looks ok the way it is but if you want it to pop than go with chrome. She said she would make them black but she ,dont like to stand out. I like the paint or wrap it looks cool. I dont think silver looks good with it. Chrome will have alot more depth to it but it will cost you.

I think you should try some "chrome" powder coat. Maybe to an extra set first to see how they look... <BMFG>

Where u get the chroming done/rough cost in price???

Last edited:
Black on a black bike is a lot of black unless you are going for the murdered out look or the stealth theme. I prefer the black only on a non-black paint job. Doesn't everyone think the scoops are the design feature that should be highlighted, not hidden or masked?
I can see how chrome can be too much pop though. Sometimes just the change from flat to gloss can be enough contrast and look totally custom. Judging by your posts of past PC work, I'm sure whatever you choose will be great.

Back