all cruiser ETs and weight....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The RocketIII will run with the legacy VMAX's stock for stock with the VMAX ahead a bike length.

They had one at the dealer and I was trying to get the owner to get it up to the dragstrip. He didnt want to risk dumping it.
They are no slouch for the weight, but than again they are almost twice the CC as the VMAX with a 2300CC engine. Divide 2300 into HP compared to 1200 and it shows that the VMAX engine is a more productive.. Dont compare torque numbers though, the rocket makes close to the torque as a Peterbilt with a CAT 480 diesel :rofl_200:

Haha yeah they're like 160 horse 140 torque depending on the model. The "Touring" model has less horse more torque or something weird like that. Makes me want to ditch the 'Busa and get one......... Almost........ Maybe......... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CUlDjGFNc8

They are like the VMAX in a class of there own! I read about them before they came out. They looked great in the magazines. When they hit the showroom floor I drove out to my friends dealer they had a black and red one. At first it looked like a pig and than I sat on it and it verified it is a PIG!
I said NOPE not for me, if I was going to ride something so unbalanced and top heavy I would go get a BOSSHOSS!
I bet they have tons of torque which would feel good to pour on but its just not me, I dont really care for who they look in person. They dont have the badd ass look like VMAX. More of hmmm "I'm old and this is my cruiser"

They are like the VMAX in a class of there own! I read about them before they came out. They looked great in the magazines. When they hit the showroom floor I drove out to my friends dealer they had a black and red one. At first it looked like a pig and than I sat on it and it verified it is a PIG!
I said NOPE not for me, if I was going to ride something so unbalanced and top heavy I would go get a BOSSHOSS!
I bet they have tons of torque which would feel good to pour on but its just not me, I dont really care for who they look in person. They dont have the badd ass look like VMAX. More of hmmm "I'm old and this is my cruiser"

I agree - I street raced one last year from a standing start and smoked it - he didn't hook up right - we than stopped at a coffee shop to shoot the shit and I had a look at the Rocket - it's a pig - reminds me of a baby Boss Hoss - the engine is not nice looking - looks like a car engine

Mike

There was one at Conesville this fall racing whipping ass. It was only index racing on an unprepped track though. He had the field covered and would then coast to the end of the track. A friend of mine (Nosboss) actually raced him and the guy missed a shift so Jason beat him, probably would have anyway, but those big pigs move out.

Probably why I like 'em. Unless you know what they are, they look unsuspecting. Call me getting old (26) but I want something I can jump on and ride for a while yet still has balls. Seems to be the only bike out there right now.

Don't see the Triumph Rocket 3 on there. My father in-law has one that I've ridden a few times. Never raced him, but i'm sure it would be a close race. Pretty damn quick for something that sounds like a John Deer tractor.
I had an 05 Rocket III I bought slightly used. What a great bike for laying down rubber. I only sold it to my neighbor across the street because I was able to clear almost $3000 in profit counting all the accessiories the original rider gave with the bike. The unfortunate owner had a crippling disease that was eliminating him from owning anymore bikes. He wanted to unload everything he had that reminded him of bikes. I should have kept his $900 Tom Tom which I sold for $500 in less than 5 minutes on the Rocket III bike forum.

Latest posts

Back