All right you damn southerners.....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been roasty and, many times, humid here in Mo. Been mostly working with heavy metal and welding thru it all, bundled up. Sometimes, outside in the sun. Am mig welding so I can't have any air flow. I lost around 12 lbs in the last two months. Like I say, I love summer but it don't like me. It has knocked the wind out of my sails a couple times. It's better than snow and winter, to me. That's when the idgits destroy our snow equipment, that I have to repair in the summer. Ever hear of having to replace a grader round table because of being broken beyond repair? And that's a start.
Speak'n of heat. I did make it down to mid TX before the 4th to pig hunt. The river water was around 87+ degrees. When we'd get back in from a 'patrol', we'd hop in the water. It would give me a chill at first. Even though the wind was blowing 30+, when down under the trees in the bush, it was still, like being locked in your car. It was hotter than Hades, but I ate it up. Will have to post up some pics on the hog hunt'n thread. BTW, those wild hogs are greased pig, lightening fast! Don't let anyone tell ya different.

I do road construction and most of last week when it was in the 90's we were doing blacktop on RT 90 near westfield NY. We were out in the full sun. The inspectors have infrared thermoters to check the black top temps. The average temps of the blacktop right behind the paver was 285 degrees. Talk about adding insult to injury.

I do road construction and most of last week when it was in the 90's we were doing blacktop on RT 90 near westfield NY. We were out in the full sun. The inspectors have infrared thermoters to check the black top temps. The average temps of the blacktop right behind the paver was 285 degrees. Talk about adding insult to injury.

We have shot the asphalt right outside the shop a few times. It avg's around 140. Being around asphalt makes a huge diff, for sure.

It's been roasty and, many times, humid here in Mo. Been mostly working with heavy metal and welding thru it all, bundled up. Sometimes, outside in the sun. Am mig welding so I can't have any air flow. I lost around 12 lbs in the last two months. Like I say, I love summer but it don't like me. It has knocked the wind out of my sails a couple times. It's better than snow and winter, to me. That's when the idgits destroy our snow equipment, that I have to repair in the summer. Ever hear of having to replace a grader round table because of being broken beyond repair? And that's a start.
Speak'n of heat. I did make it down to mid TX before the 4th to pig hunt. The river water was around 87+ degrees. When we'd get back in from a 'patrol', we'd hop in the water. It would give me a chill at first. Even though the wind was blowing 30+, when down under the trees in the bush, it was still, like being locked in your car. It was hotter than Hades, but I ate it up. Will have to post up some pics on the hog hunt'n thread. BTW, those wild hogs are greased pig, lightening fast! Don't let anyone tell ya different.

Ever do a Chinese box barbeque? We do a pig for Noche Buena. 'Dee-licioso!'
http://www.ehow.com/how_7470323_build-own-caja-china.html
http://barbecuetricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/la_caja_china.jpg

Well, here in Dallas, we have now reached the second longest record of 100 degree plus days in a row in history. The record is 42 in 1980. We are now at 31 and counting. The forecast high for the next week ranges from 105 to 108. HELP!!!:bang head:

Latest posts

Back