All right you damn southerners.....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And in the forecast today it's going to be HOT, DAMN HOT, and HUMID with a chance of F'ing HOT and HUMID!! You know it's too hot when you don't even feel like riding!!! Thank God for A/C!!!!!
Thats why a lot of people ride in the early morning or late evening around here. I found out its better to work in my garage with the door closed ( I get no breeze the way my garage faces just sun) I turn on my 2 fans & my little evopative cooler its still hot but at least teh sun is not beaming thru the door.

We become Night Riders in the Summer. I love our winters, it gets dark early and riding from 6 to midnight is great...

And on Cape Cod it's only slightly cooler. It felt like I opened a door to the oven when I came out of my a/c in the bedroom today.It's a/c or stand in the ocean up to your neck.

Last night my wife was watering her flower gardens and a little chipmunk was following her around drinking from the watering wand! :biglaugh:

so you are saying the wxx is soo hot dan that the animals are going crazy or that your wife has charmed all such creatures in her Queensland hahaha

And in the forecast today it's going to be HOT, DAMN HOT, and HUMID with a chance of F'ing HOT and HUMID!! You know it's too hot when you don't even feel like riding!!! Thank God for A/C!!!!!

ac plumbed on the bike you say eh jim...... hahahaha need more then 125hp to make that work for ya:rofl_200:

side note: sorry dude had to skip town before i could come see ya, sisters car broke down and had to rent to get back to mtl, will have to be next time or maybe you can mail me the stuff.

waa waa waa. c'mon you yanks, staple on some cojones :rofl_200: and try it with a few bars of humidity THEN complain. matter of fact, take this into consideration--it is a FB post of a friend of mine down in WPB, FL.

I was going to complain about how hot it is... then I realized that at least: 1.) it isn't 129 degrees; 2.) I'm not 5,700 miles from home; 3.) I'm not dressed in a full BDU uniform and helmet and carrying 70+ lbs.; and 4.) there is very little chance that anyone will shoot at me or that I might drive over a bomb in the road today!

Thanks to all who serve !!! :punk:

We become Night Riders in the Summer. I love our winters, it gets dark early and riding from 6 to midnight is great...
Ya Specs +1. I have found that I quite enjoy the 6am-8am and 7pm-9pm windows. VERY VERY nice. hehehehe

waa waa waa. c'mon you yanks, staple on some cojones :rofl_200: and try it with a few bars of humidity THEN complain. matter of fact, take this into consideration--it is a FB post of a friend of mine down in WPB, FL.

I was going to complain about how hot it is... then I realized that at least: 1.) it isn't 129 degrees; 2.) I'm not 5,700 miles from home; 3.) I'm not dressed in a full BDU uniform and helmet and carrying 70+ lbs.; and 4.) there is very little chance that anyone will shoot at me or that I might drive over a bomb in the road today!

Thanks for putting it in the proper perspective!!! No matter how bad we think we have it there are those out there protecting our right to complain about the heat!!

ac plumbed on the bike you say eh jim...... hahahaha need more then 125hp to make that work for ya:rofl_200:

side note: sorry dude had to skip town before i could come see ya, sisters car broke down and had to rent to get back to mtl, will have to be next time or maybe you can mail me the stuff.

No worries bro! Don't think mailing the Start Your Engines stuff would go over well with Canada Post! Stuff smells awful even with the can sealed!!! We will figure out how to get together so I can deliver them.

A/C in the house LOL!!! If I were to attach a belt drive to anything it would be a supercharger:punk:

Very true! The heat isn't too bad, but the humidity sucks....and I will take them both over being in a third world country being shot at by someone! Thanks for putting it all in perspective, Ninjaneer!:punk:

I have lived in Atlanta, GA. and in New Orleans so I know all about the humidity! It's not that bad if you live in it all the time, you just get used to it, but for us to have it would be like if South Beach was covered in a foot of snow. I love to see how ya'll would deal with that!:rofl_200:
It really hasn't been that bad around here since I have had a NW wind blowing off of lake Superior keeping us out of the 100's for the most part. I have lots of lakeshore to ride along and it's been nice to get out of work then ride along the shoreline to Paradise and back.:thumbs up:

I have lived in Atlanta, GA. and in New Orleans so I know all about the humidity! It's not that bad if you live in it all the time, you just get used to it, but for us to have it would be like if South Beach was covered in a foot of snow. I love to see how ya'll would deal with that!:rofl_200:
It really hasn't been that bad around here since I have had a NW wind blowing off of lake Superior keeping us out of the 100's for the most part. I have lots of lakeshore to ride along and it's been nice to get out of work then ride along the shoreline to Paradise and back.:thumbs up:

Can we agree South Beach is never going to be covered in a foot of snow! Even during the last glacier migration, they only got to OH, maybe that's why OH girls are so cold, & love to go to South Beach to 'get hot!'

I've been to NMU in Marquette MI in the winter and that's cold! I'll take 'too-warm' over 'too-cold' any day!

If I have work to do, and can't arrange to work before & after the middle of the day, I will work straight through. You're soaked through after an hour of strenuous work anyway, so just keep drinking water regularly and wind it up ASAP.

I do have a relatively unique claim, I fought a structure fire in the snow in south FL, an elderly woman burned to death after her Dade County (FL) pine-constructed home caught fire during a cold snap. It was the only recorded snowfall in Dade Co. FL (Miami). Flurries, no accumulation of course.

Riding is not something I do much of during the heat of the day. I do have a pair of Alpinestar Aero mesh ventilated pants, I wear shorts under them. I use a Fieldsheer mesh jacket & a Shark modular helmet, so all of that keeps me pretty cool, relatively speaking. If it rains, you get some good cooling as long as you keep moving. The mesh top & bottom really work well then.

My buddy in MI just bought a family homestead on the shore of Lake Superior, it has some acreage I think, not sure where it is, but it's on the shoreline. He said it's a 3-season home only. Maybe one day we'll get up there on our bikes. Retirement isn't that far-off.

It's always hot and humid in the summer here so I'm used to it. Riding in the middle of the day isn't bad as long as you're moving. Riding at night feels real nice.

I do have a relatively unique claim, I fought a structure fire in the snow in south FL.

Other than the unfortunate outcome for the lady, that probly felt rather nice for you guys, right? It must be pretty rough battling blazes in that hi heat/humidity!

We had just the opposite problem in the Adirondack Mtns. of northern NY....at -25? the guys on the ladders had to be very careful....the spray from the other hoses and deluge guns would freeze on their gear and they wouldn't be able to move....most unpleasant, s'pecially if the structure is getting ready to fall into the cellar!!

In keeping with the thread....according to the electronic gauge on the heater the pool temp was 89? last night when we took a dip. That fractures the previous record of 84? and really wasn't very refreshing at all.

Not complaining tho....even at 89? it beats the hell out of a 10th floor walk-up in the Bronx....we're very lucky to have it! :worthy:

'Dannymax,' I don't envy you the cold weather firefighting. Every winter you see pics of the frozen lines at a multiple alarm fire, tough work.

Speaking of professions and what's been in the news lately, can anyone tell me why the tea-partiers have decided to demonize teachers, police, and firefighters? There are places I would rather be than entering a building ablaze, but it was my job, and I am proud of what I did, and happy to have emerged relatively unscathed. To hear people who claim allegiance to the tea party complain about unionized workers is aggravating. Who do they think pay taxes in enough volume to run the country? The middle class! We all have read the articles on the multinational companies paying little or no taxes, so isn't this "redistribution," a favorite criticism of the right about the White House?

People don't enter these professions to become wealthy, they do it because of job stability, collective bargaining-derived benefits such as wages, terms of employment, and pensions, and the ability to provide reliable income for their families. When did this become "bad?"

Yeah, I know this is going to invide one-sided comments, but this is the right forum heading.

I could adjust to the heat (and have, lived in the south for close to 10 years) but I would perfer to layer up and enjoy the 4 seasons. Having one season (sort of) was nice but having 4 seasons is more to my liking. :thumbs up:

I could adjust to the heat (and have, lived in the south for close to 10 years) but I would perfer to layer up and enjoy the 4 seasons. Having one season (sort of) was nice but having 4 seasons is more to my liking. :thumbs up:
I love my 4 seasons!

I love my 4 seasons!
Yeah, Frankie Valli sure had a great falsetto! One of the first concerts I ever attended, I think the first with a date. I'm old now, > 2X(Mr. Max) + 2X(yrs. since Gen. II was released)

I was out in Hobbs New Mexico two weeks ago and it was 108 every day.............They say it's a dry heat, bullshit, I live in Houston and 100 at 85% humidity in Houston ain't shit compared to 108 @ 15% humidity in N.M.

Song popular in Texas in 1978...............
Here's the song.....Remember it from when I was a kid....

Freeze A Yankee,
Drive 75 and freeze 'em alive (speed limits 80 out in West Texas now!)
Freeze a Yankee
Let your thermostat rise and give 'em a surprise
Governor Briscoe promised us
that if any damn Yankee raised a fuss,
He’d turn off the gas, cut off the oil,
and let 'em all freeze and boil

They don’t want an oil rig
around their seashore
Lord, it’s a terrible sight
And don’t you try to drill
in their dirty old water
if you do, you’re in for a fight