Another Electrical Question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ga_max

Reaction score
I've thought that my 94 has had a charging problem for a while but the lithium battery masks a lot of issues and I make sure I keep it charged (PO added the new battery). I check the AC voltage coming from the stator and it looks good. The voltage between the terminals at idle is 13.26 volts. At 3000 rpm it drops to 13.09 volts. I checked the voltage on the red wire from the RR at it was .95 volts at both idle and 3000 rpm. I have not bypassed the crimp yet but plan to. Do this measurements point to an RR issue and if so what replacement would you recommend (Electrosport, Rick's, OEM). Thank

I've thought that my 94 has had a charging problem for a while but the lithium battery masks a lot of issues and I make sure I keep it charged (PO added the new battery). I check the AC voltage coming from the stator and it looks good. The voltage between the terminals at idle is 13.26 volts. At 3000 rpm it drops to 13.09 volts. I checked the voltage on the red wire from the RR at it was .95 volts at both idle and 3000 rpm. I have not bypassed the crimp yet but plan to. Do this measurements point to an RR issue and if so what replacement would you recommend (Electrosport, Rick's, OEM). Thank

The stator wiring plug is often bypassed or replaced, because it becomes a point of high resistance. Older style R/R have grounding issues. Late model OEM regulators work well and last long.

Back