Another good splicing option.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noxx72

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the marine grade crimp+solder splices with the adhesive lined shrink tube, however I had a chance to use these dudes recently at work and they really performed. For areas where getting a crimping tool into play would be a problem, these are the shit..

http://www.calcentron.com/Pages/fusion_solder_heat_shrink/fusion_solder_heat_shrink.html

Essentially a crimpless version of everybody's favorite splice. Just strip, slam, and heat. Good stuff.

Good find!

Any ideas as to price or do I have to request a quote?

Am going to order up a kit this week. Be nice to redo my COP harness with those splices vs the ones I did to install. Much cleaner and it would appear they reduce the chances of a cold solder joint considerably.

Am going to order up a kit this week. Be nice to redo my COP harness with those splices vs the ones I did to install. Much cleaner and it would appear they reduce the chances of a cold solder joint considerably.

I would really suggest resrting to these only where access prevents mechanical crimping. For my COP work which was out in the open, I used and advocate the kwikseal / permaseal connectors which are in essence the same splice with a standard internal Crimp as well. The ones I linked allow for more flexibility however, depends on your needs

Latest posts

Back