Another polishing question .

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been polishing all my stuff since late this winter,the scoops took the most time of course.I stripped then wet sanded down to a 1500 till all scratches and finger tips were gone.then buffed them out.

Looks good. TLC the best thang for the Max.:clapping:

I used the painting method to paint my scoops. The touch up paint I used should have been put on a little heavier/ thicker. It would have been easier to "fill" the letter with paint, rather than trying to paint just the bottom of the letters. I'm going to redo them sometime but are O.K. for now.

I used the painting method to paint my scoops. The touch up paint I used should have been put on a little heavier/ thicker. It would have been easier to "fill" the letter with paint, rather than trying to paint just the bottom of the letters. I'm going to redo them sometime but are O.K. for now.

Baked enamel would probably be a good way the fill them.

I've been polishing all my stuff since late this winter,the scoops took the most time of course.I stripped then wet sanded down to a 1500 till all scratches and finger tips were gone.then buffed them out.

Wow. Now that is a shine. Wet sanding is the key? Did you use a buffer or just lots of elbow grease? Any special tricks on the side panels? They look like chrome....

Back