Another way to stay warm on the Bike.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tugla

Reaction score
As i was out and about at maybe plus 4 C or 39 F and loving it, i found that if you drive in traffic lots, let the temp on the bike get up above half, then while you sit at a light or stop sign you flip on the fan switch (we all have a manual switch right :ummm:)
well you get this short burst of warm air on your legs that feels great, then you pull away from the light and got that warm feeling, gets you a few miles more of riding in as its trying to turn to winter out there. :punk:

Ok either im bored or heavily do anything to stay on the bike longer :rofl_200:

I usually use the adreniline method ,kicks in bout 80mph,when thats not practitcal long johnes ,lined jeans,hoodie, leather, chaps, gloves,full face helmet and im good to go .:clapping:

another great method of staying warm is to put a news paper or magazine in the front part of your jacket over your chest to block the wind. It's not the most comfortable, but it's very effective :)

another great method of staying warm is to put a news paper or magazine in the front part of your jacket over your chest to block the wind. It's not the most comfortable, but it's very effective :)
thats hardcore dude, the leather jacket is pretty warm with a hoodie its just on the legs and feet. guess if i put on my riding pants id be ok, just being lazy i guess.
found it funny how I turned on the fan to warm up :biglaugh:

thats hardcore dude, the leather jacket is pretty warm with a hoodie its just on the legs and feet. guess if i put on my riding pants id be ok, just being lazy i guess.
found it funny how I turned on the fan to warm up :biglaugh:

Is it possible this method could eliminate the need for "manty hose" :rofl_200:

We know a couple guys who might be interested....eh?:punk:

laugh if you want but I installed heated grips and as long as my hands are warm cold weather seems more tolerable. Their stealthy too, its an adhesive strip that goes under any grip you chose and has a high/ low mini rocker switch. If you didn't know where to look you wouldn't see the wires at all. High puts out 117-120 degrees and low is around 88.

laugh if you want but I installed heated grips and as long as my hands are warm cold weather seems more tolerable. Their stealthy too, its an adhesive strip that goes under any grip you chose and has a high/ low mini rocker switch. If you didn't know where to look you wouldn't see the wires at all. High puts out 117-120 degrees and low is around 88.
sweet!!! they are like sled heated grips???

Are they the symtec brand?

They look like this. This isn't where I got them, I payed way less but basically the same. I put them under Vmax logo gell grips, my Dad has the same ones under the stock Yami vstar rubber grips.
http://www.symtec-inc.com/Complete-...wmobiles-w-Flush-Mount-Round-Rocker_p_30.html

definately get the flush mount rocker unless you like the standard toggle look.
think i'll have to look into those, where did you end up finding them?
even with my winter gloves on after a while still gets cold at 75mph.
there is enough room on the throttle sleeve then the grip??

the hand guards help, these may be needed. what temp are u comfortable with with these and with what kind of gloves? what temps could u do before, without them?

You can find them here as well, with options for a toggle or a rocker switch.
I wish it was a matter of just cold weather around here. Rain and snow(although the snow melt within a few days) and winds make riding a less than thrilling experience. We already have sand on the corners and in intersections due to freezing rain/ snow. Danny "mittens" is a great way to go, much warmer, albeit a little clumsy. If I were to ride in the cold weather very much I would have heated clothing and a large touring type windshield to block the wind and any weather you might encounter.

You can find them here as well, with options for a toggle or a rocker switch.
I wish it was a matter of just cold weather around here. Rain and snow(although the snow melt within a few days) and winds make riding a less than thrilling experience. We already have sand on the corners and in intersections due to freezing rain/ snow. Danny "mittens" is a great way to go, much warmer, albeit a little clumsy. If I were to ride in the cold weather very much I would have heated clothing and a large touring type windshield to block the wind and any weather you might encounter.

Same here Brian! There's really no point in getting all geared up for cold weather riding around here....there just aren't that many days of it before the snow & sleet hit and eliminate riding completely.

I just put sweats under my riding pants, an insulated shirt and hoodie under my jacket, and thinsulate lined mittens and I'm plenty comfortable. One thing that makes a big difference is putting the hood up under my helmet, keeps my neck nice and warm.

Couldn't agree more - hands warm = all warm.

http://daytona-global.com/products/?page=Products_SubCategs&mfrID=9&categID=13

Plus a lot safer if your fingers stay 'flexible'
Best money I ever spent

think i'll have to look into those, where did you end up finding them?
even with my winter gloves on after a while still gets cold at 75mph.

Damn if I could remember, I searched till 2am and couldn't find the site. $39 isn't bad though, but it bothers me cuz I know for sure I paid just under $20. Oh well, it has been a few years. At any rate, I think you'll be happy with them, you certainly can't expect to blaze through a snow storm or 50 below weather but they do take the edge off in the early spring and late fall rides. I soldered my connections and used an in line fuse. I mounted the rocker on the steering stem neck on the left side so I could turn it on without removing my hand from the throttle. Up for high down for low. I would guess that depending on what type of grip you have would depend on how fast and how much of the heat you would feel. Most people cringe when I say I have heated grips cuz its a muscle bike...it's like putting hard bags on a Busa, Queer! But, you really can't see them and I think its well worth the money.

"There is enough room on the throttle sleeve then the grip??"

Yes, theres enough room, you'll have to take the grips off, pull the self adhesive tape off the element and place them where the majority of your hand will rest, then reinstall your grips. I used the factory wire stays to hold the wiring down the front of the bar, clutch side is snug, throttle side has a loop in it for the throttle to move full open.

Excuse the filthy bike, I just came back from a trip with it in the back of my truck and got caught in the rain. Pic's are self explanatory, switch mount, left side, right side and from the seat and the front.

Attachments

• grips 003.jpg
    grips 003.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 25
  • grips 004.jpg
    grips 004.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 28
  • grips 005.jpg
    grips 005.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Moore park Aug 2 2008 (21) - Copy.jpg
    Moore park Aug 2 2008 (21) - Copy.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Moore park Aug 2 2008 (35).jpg
    Moore park Aug 2 2008 (35).jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 25
Plug-in electric gloves. Oh, are they golden on the few very cold days we get here in central GA.
I don't have a car, just my bikes. So in the cold weather I NEED heated gloves (it's genetic, I just can't feel my hands below about 30 degrees F and therefore can't control the bike) and my bad knee just LOVES it when I wear a simple inexpensive pair of riding pants with the knee armor. That armor cuts the cold wind right off my knees and makes even a long cold wet ride tolerable, if not down-right enjoyable. Much better than chaps, assless or otherwise.

Nowadays they're making really good armored gear that goes right over jeans, fast and easy, and it doesn't cost much. There's no good reasong for being too cold to ride, south of the Mason-Dixon line....

well good old natural mother nature is foretasted for today, plus 14c that is way better then any warmer or fan switch.so this is the last ride, putting it away for the year......well i said that last week also haha

Plug-in electric gloves. Oh, are they golden on the few very cold days we get here in central GA.
I don't have a car, just my bikes. So in the cold weather I NEED heated gloves (it's genetic, I just can't feel my hands below about 30 degrees F and therefore can't control the bike) and my bad knee just LOVES it when I wear a simple inexpensive pair of riding pants with the knee armor. That armor cuts the cold wind right off my knees and makes even a long cold wet ride tolerable, if not down-right enjoyable. Much better than chaps, assless or otherwise.

Nowadays they're making really good armored gear that goes right over jeans, fast and easy, and it doesn't cost much. There's no good reasong for being too cold to ride, south of the Mason-Dixon line....
I lived in Atlanta for a few years ('85-'90) and wish for warm weather that I played softball in for all but 6 weeks of the year. I would ride year around with ya CB, even if I had to get some electric-wear. My brother has to wear insulated pants and then he throws on his rain gear to keep the wind out while I ride with just jeans and liner in the leather. It must be my added insulation!:rofl_200:

Back