Another year done......

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
Crap!
The weather is decent here today, so I took the opportunity to do the "Get the toys put away" thing. Put the Max, Burgman, and Lawn Tractor away - got the S***blower out and up to the garage. I'm not giving up quite yet, the RoadStar is still out in the garage, at least for a few more weeks.....
Took the Max out for a short ride, drained out the gas, and put it to sleep for a few months.

I hate Winter..........

And today was the best weather of the year here in SW Florida and only gets better!

Took the Max out for a short ride, drained out the gas, and put it to sleep for a few months.

I hate Winter..........

NOOOOOO...... say it ain't sooooo.

I hear ya, but here in Michigan, with realistically only a 6 month ridin season, we try to keep riden til the first snow falls !! :snow:

That's just the way it it is !!!! :clapping:

put bike away? whats that, Ive aways lived in new england and never put my bikes up for the winter, if its sunny and roads are dry , I'll Ride.................and wash.

And today was the best weather of the year here in SW Florida and only gets better!

Yes a good day. Oct/Nov & Apr/May are usually outstanding for outdoors stuff. Sorry to hear another riding season is ending for you guys. Year round riding is part of why I moved to FL.

Crap!
The weather is decent here today, so I took the opportunity to do the "Get the toys put away" thing. Put the Max, Burgman, and Lawn Tractor away - got the S***blower out and up to the garage. I'm not giving up quite yet, the RoadStar is still out in the garage, at least for a few more weeks.....

I hate Winter..........

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but are you sure it`s a good idea to drain the gas for winter? I`d say top it up completely to prevent corrosion. In spring you can drain and fill with fresh gas? I even turn on the fuel pump every now and then when it`s in storage, just to keep the carbs "wet"
Never failed me before
Just asking because every spring there`s a tsunami of posts on not starting well

Summer's just starting here.. In FL I never put it away either, and in England I used to store the bikes for maybe two months, whenever the snow came, usually around Feb/March.

I agree with dtoeberth though, it's best to store the tank full of gad rather than empty. What I've never worked out is whether it's best to leave gas in the carbs or not - usually I unplug the fuel pump and let it burn it all 'til it conks out.

Season ended for me a month ago. Ripped my biceps tendon from the bone in my elbow September 14th. Just had surgery Friday to reattach and holy shit, I am hurting. Workers comp claim so the budget will be okay, but I have already missed so many good riding days.

Indian summer is here in PA. Mid 70's all week. Low's in the 50's. Bike is finally ready to ride but I'm too busy with work to do anything about it :bang head:. Maybe I will squeeze in an evening blast. Gotta take advantage while you can.

I've been down since early, but he'll here in PA last year you could ride pretty much all year but that was unusual but as soon as my bikes up again I'm riding I don't give a fuck if I gotta pull my front wheel and put a ski up front. Lol, well, not really but I'm gonna try to squeeze every minute I can outta this year to ride. Around here pretty much Dec, Jan and Feb but if we get lucky and the roads clear of the salt and other winter shit riding starts after that. But usually that's when I like to do my major projects but I wanna eventually want to move back to a warmer climate.

and a week later and we have snow gentlemen.......

unfortunatly it seems as if our east coast brothers have been hit rather hard, i hope everybody is warm and dry at least........

we have about 28000 people without power here in charleston wv but we will survive, i know the people directly on the coast have been devastated and my prayers go out to them.......

Latest posts

Back