Any eastern lower MI riders?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjohn9090

Reaction score
Hey all, new on the site. was wondering if anyone rides over in the eastern side of MI. i'm just west of Oxford.

Hey Pjohn9090,
just got back from a ride today with several VMaxer's from all over lower Michigan ! We met up in Charlotte, and ended up in Hell, Mi for lunch. Then trecked east to around the Dexter area before splitting up and going our own way home ! What a fabulous day for riding in Michigan !!

Next weekend is the Mi VMOA event in Dowajac, Mi. Saturday is the big day of rides there. You should try to get there if you can and meet other VMaxer's from all around Mi and even from other states ... and Canada too !

Welcome to the VMF ! and feel free to join the VMF Mi Social Group.

Hey PJohn, welcome to the forum! I'm on the west side ( muskegon ) but I ride all over the state, I was on the ride KosRider posted about above. There are a few Vmaxers closer to you that will ride, feel free to join in on any posted ride. I have a couple rides posted for this season as well, feel free to come along, you will enjoy it. Nothing like riding with a swarm of Vmaxes......

Im NE of detroit, 16 Mile(metro parkway) & 94.

Havent had as much time as I'd like to ride this year, School and House Hunting are both huge time sinks.

i can't usually ride on Saturdays as i work, sundays are about it. but, the one coming up in early august sounds like a blast. i'll definitely be taking a "sick" day to go on that one. if anyone wants to meet up on a sunday let me know

I just got back into a V-max. My first I bought new in '86. I used to live in Lapeer and drive thru Qxford every day. Now I'm at I94 and 26 mile, but hopefully I'll get to meet some of you before it gets cold. Looks like rain today (Monday) but the rest of the week should be great.

I just got back into a V-max. My first I bought new in '86. I used to live in Lapeer and drive thru Qxford every day. Now I'm at I94 and 26 mile, but hopefully I'll get to meet some of you before it gets cold. Looks like rain today (Monday) but the rest of the week should be great.

Welcome to the VMF Cgswss. We've already had a couple great day rides near ya... both starting in Charlotte and ending in Hell, Mi. Suggest you join the "Mi Vmax Social Group" that 2Fear started so you can be aware of other rides coming up in the area. Look forward to meeting and riding with ya !

Sounds great! And I join...how?

Click on your user name to get to your profile. Scroll down and on the right side there is a section titles "Social Groups" near the bottom. Click to join button and select the "Michigan Group"

or better yet... go to the "menu" button at the top of the page.... select social groups to get there too.

Easy... peasy !!!

Hey cgswss, glad to see you made it over here from the StarVmax forum (I'm sal70lemans over there). I'm in MI (Battle Creek), too. Hope to meet you on one of our group rides.

Scott

I'm looking forward to it!

Until just recently I had a '70 Trans Am (ram air IV "bob cat")

Also sold my '69 "pro street" 454 Camaro.

Had a lot of cool toys over the years!

Still have my Roush though.

Welcome to VMF! I'm on the east end, but of the "other" peninsula!:biglaugh: I try to get down and ride with all the great Vmaxers below the bridge, but this year has been hard to even ride. I'm looking forward to riding with you guys yet this year!!:punk:

When I was in college, one of my lest favorite things was doing the "Mackinac shuffle" while crossing the bridge. (Of course that was back in the 60's) Which was balanced out by doing "the Seney stretch" (NMU if you haven't guessed).

Put 100 mile on the bike tonight. Didn't go anywhere, just took a 2 lane and drove. BTW, fuel light came on at 100 miles. Which isn't that much of a bad thing as I needed to stop. (I'm an old man after all)

Has anyone done the Friday night "bike Night" at Gibraltar trade center ? I haven't but wondered if anyone wanted to meet somewhere and go over and check it out.

I'm looking forward to it!

Until just recently I had a '70 Trans Am (ram air IV "bob cat")

Also sold my '69 "pro street" 454 Camaro.

Had a lot of cool toys over the years!

Still have my Roush though.

Noooooo... you sold the R/A-IV T/A and kept a... a... a... Mustang?!?! :bang head: Shame on you... juuust kidding. :biglaugh: Cool toys indeed. :punk: Are you a member on YB, too? Great forum for trash talking, fast car loving people (as long as you're not easily offended - you need some thick skin over there).

Scott

PS Got any pics of the T/A?

I wish I had some pics... X cleaned me out of all pics. Don't even have any pics of my Son when he was young. I bought the T/A New. Had to go thru all sorts of hoops to get the Ram air IV. In the end Royal Pontiac was the only one that "had the secret numbers". They also did the "bob cat" treatment for me. When I sold her, she had just 34,000 miles. I haven't seen another just like her- Blue with the white strip and saddle 4 speed. Hey I also had a 427 vette with tri power! And it was one of the first made-sure wish I still had that one!.

Looking forward to doing a little bench racing an BSing!

I wish I had some pics... X cleaned me out of all pics. Don't even have any pics of my Son when he was young. I bought the T/A New. Had to go thru all sorts of hoops to get the Ram air IV. In the end Royal Pontiac was the only one that "had the secret numbers". They also did the "bob cat" treatment for me. When I sold her, she had just 34,000 miles. I haven't seen another just like her- Blue with the white strip and saddle 4 speed. Hey I also had a 427 vette with tri power! And it was one of the first made-sure wish I still had that one!.

Looking forward to doing a little bench racing an BSing!

Wow... a "Bobcatted" Royal Pontiac R/A-IV 4-speed T/A in Lucerne Blue with saddle interior is one very unique car - it doesn't get much more desirable than that IMO. Too bad about the ex and the pics.

Check out www.yellowbullet.com if you love bench racing and BS'ing about all things that go fast. I can spend hours on that site. Beware the TOBT (Trash Or Be Trashed) and political sections if you don't have thick skin. Mostly un-moderated, so lots of hilarious trash talk.

Scott

Latest posts

Back