Anybody doing Conesville this year? (Not dial up friendly)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Anybody doing Conesville this year?

It was a great time and would love to see more Maxes there. I think there were a total of 5.
It really wasn't a problem and I didn't spend any time at all getting stuff rounded up. I'm looking forward to next year. Hopefully I won't miss 2nd gear and will make it past the 2nd round.

I got 10 passes in for $15, and had a great time. I'm pretty sure I was slipping the rear tire. The track had no prepping done to it.... just rough concrete running into a corn field. I didn't get much riding in since I was involved with the racing, but had a blast. 108.95 was my fastest trap speed and 6.994 was my fastest ET.

Oh, and on a side note, that yellow Screaming Eagle V-Rod that 4WARNED posted pictures of, told me that spraying NOS was cheating... so I said fine, I turned off the bottle, purged the line, and said, now if I beat you, it's really going to make you look bad. He didn't seemed worried. So we line up, and I think he gets the jump on me, which sucked, but I see that front tire come up on his bike and I knew it was all over for him. I easily beat him, and I talked to him later, not to rub it in, but to say I was pretty impressed with his ability to ride that beast as far up as he did.

V-Rod--------------V-Max
8.056-----ET-----7.409
91.25----speed--99.88
1.871---60ft------1.848

It was a great time and would love to see more Maxes there. I think there were a total of 5.
It really wasn't a problem and I didn't spend any time at all getting stuff rounded up. I'm looking forward to next year. Hopefully I won't miss 2nd gear and will make it past the 2nd round.

I got 10 passes in for $15, and had a great time. I'm pretty sure I was slipping the rear tire. The track had no prepping done to it.... just rough concrete running into a corn field. I didn't get much riding in since I was involved with the racing, but had a blast. 108.95 was my fastest trap speed and 6.994 was my fastest ET.

Oh, and on a side note, that yellow Screaming Eagle V-Rod that 4WARNED posted pictures of, told me that spraying NOS was cheating... so I said fine, I turned off the bottle, purged the line, and said, now if I beat you, it's really going to make you look bad. He didn't seemed worried. So we line up, and I think he gets the jump on me, which sucked, but I see that front tire come up on his bike and I knew it was all over for him. I easily beat him, and I talked to him later, not to rub it in, but to say I was pretty impressed with his ability to ride that beast as far up as he did.

V-Rod--------------V-Max
8.056-----ET-----7.409
91.25----speed--99.88
1.871---60ft------1.848

Chris (Jeff) you had to be spinning on that run.I have run 6.99 before at 100mph.Nice run though! Do you have any more professional tracks within distance to race at?1/4 mile? There is a backyard 1/8th mile by me but I will not race there.Barely any shutdown area.Not worth craching into the corn for me.There are 2 decent 1/4 mile tracks that I am right in the middle of,a little over an hour to each one.

Eddyville Raceway is pretty close which has to have one of the nicest facilities in the Midwest for a small little 1/8th mile track. Cedar Falls has a good hooking 1/4 mile track as well. I think that's a bit of a haul for Jeff, only about 1H45M from central Iowa, and Eddyville is right about an hour from central Iowa.

Chris (Jeff) you had to be spinning on that run.I have run 6.99 before at 100mph.Nice run though! Do you have any more professional tracks within distance to race at?1/4 mile? There is a backyard 1/8th mile by me but I will not race there.Barely any shutdown area.Not worth craching into the corn for me.There are 2 decent 1/4 mile tracks that I am right in the middle of,a little over an hour to each one.

Cordova Drag Way (1/4) is probably the closest to Jeff and it's about a 80 minute drive for him.

30 or so for me.

Quarterhorse... I saw this 80 Goldwing, and thought you should print this off and show your budy with the 81 Goldwing bobber... This guy did a prety nice job... love the shifter!

Attachments

• ZitkoWing.jpg
    ZitkoWing.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 13
Quarterhorse... I saw this 80 Goldwing, and thought you should print this off and show your budy with the 81 Goldwing bobber... This guy did a prety nice job... love the shifter!

I don't think that this one is half as cool as the other one.Chris's?

Back