Anyone own an Akita?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TURBOVMAX

Reaction score
Or should I say.... have an Akita that owns them. I think Akitas are the VMAX of dogs.

No but I have a Boxer. He's my buddy. The other one is my old pitt. Both great dogs. He takes the place of the child that I don't have. Lets see some pics of the Akita:biglaugh:

Attachments

• 100_2484_0001.jpg
    100_2484_0001.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 21
  • YGP852.jpg
    YGP852.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 100_2712.jpg
    100_2712.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 26
I had one about 15 years ago. Unbelievably intelligent...just make sure you stay on top of the "whos boss" thing or it can get out of control quick. She reminded me alot of my ex wife, never did get control of her either! :bang head:

I had one about 15 years ago. Unbelievably intelligent...just make sure you stay on top of the "whos boss" thing or it can get out of control quick. She reminded me alot of my ex wife, never did get control of her either! :bang head:

LOL I had a girl for about 12 years she passed away about a year ago and she was a bitch in every sense of the word. Their the closest thing to a wolf I know.

Just got a boy this spring 8 month's and about 105 lbs. and still growin. He's a good boy...just lick ya to death.

My brother got a Boxer about the same time I did this year. He's an awesome dog.

Don't have a lot of time now (gotta do that work thing) but I'll post some pics this evening.

I HAD AN AKITA/GOLDEN RETRIEVER MIX WHEN I WAS A KID. BEST DOG EVER, AMAZING ATHLETE, COIULD RUN OVER 40MPH, JUMP A 6 FT FENCE IN STRIDE. VERY LOYAL ONLY PROBLEM IT ALWAYS KICKED THE NEIGHBORS DOGS ASSES:ranting: DOBERMANS 2 AT A TIME, HUNTING HOUNDS AND EVEN A HALF WOLF/HALF HUSKY:surprise:. HE WOULD HUNT ANYTHING FROM RABBITS TO DEER. KILLED RACOONS BY THE HUNDREDS [ ONE CHEWED HIM UP AS A PUP] HAD AT LEAST 2 INTHE YARD DEAD EVERY WEEK BUT THEY WERE THE ONLY PREY HE WOULDNT EAT. STILL MISS THAT DOG :sad2:BEEN OVER 20 YRS

They are hunters ...for that reason their not good around little people. They view them as prey.

It's important to introduce them to lots of different people when their pups and that helps.

We have bird feeders in the back yard and I've seen him jump up and grab a bird out of the sky about 6 feet off the ground. Damn took 5 days to find it... he kept hiding it on me. And he wasn't about to let me take it out his mouth.
He'd go out there every day and move it from place to place like a prized trophy. No need for an alarm or a gun at my house.

Here's some pics, Bell was a long hair and lived to be about 12. And Ray is 8 months and weighs in at about 105 lbs. And still growin

Attachments

• bell1.jpg
    bell1.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 23
  • bell2.jpg
    bell2.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 20
  • bell3.jpg
    bell3.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 27
  • pup2.jpg
    pup2.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 32
  • pup1.jpg
    pup1.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 28
  • ray1.jpg
    ray1.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 31
  • ray2.jpg
    ray2.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 25
  • ray3.jpg
    ray3.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 29
They are hunters ...for that reason their not good around little people. They view them as prey.

It's important to introduce them to lots of different people when their pups and that helps.

We have bird feeders in the back yard and I've seen him jump up and grab a bird out of the sky about 6 feet off the ground. Damn took 5 days to find it... he kept hiding it on me. And he wasn't about to let me take it out his mouth.
He'd go out there every day and move it from place to place like a prized trophy. No need for an alarm or a gun at my house.

Here's some pics, Bell was a long hair and lived to be about 12. And Ray is 8 months and weighs in at about 105 lbs. And still growin

Yes sir, fine looking dogs. I especially like the one with the black face. He/she looks evil. I don't know if I could have dogs that wouldn't let me have something I wanted or wouldn't mind me though. No disrespect to the way you raise dogs or nothing ya know. Just couldn't put up with it. Been in the Army too long and treat my dogs like Privates lol. My dogs know that I'm the boss. The red nose Pitt in my pics turned out to be an awesome dog just as long as she knew she wasn't going to do what she wanted to do. Very good around other dogs too. Not aggressive unless provoked. Although mine were raised to be inside dogs. Maybe that is the difference. They had to be civil or else. Anyway, great pics.

our neighbor had one when i was a kid... It was a BAD MFER until it got out of their yard and ran up into ours growling at me. It never knew what happened when my 115 lbs half sharpei half German shepard hit it lol. I've always thought that they were beautiful dogs, but wouldn't have one because of how stupid other people are around strange dogs.

I'm more of a mastiff person now :D

Yea I feel the same way about my dogs and he is in training. It's just getting a hold of the little bastard sometimes. You know their real easy to train when their pups. Then they go through their rebelious period when their gonads start workin. Then they kind of come around and remember everthing their taught. Just like privates.

Did you know the American Akita was bred from the smaller Japanese breed. Using Mastiff's and Shepards... that's how they became big.

Yea I feel the same way about my dogs and he is in training. It's just getting a hold of the little bastard sometimes. You know their real easy to train when their pups. Then they go through their rebelious period when their gonads start workin. Then they kind of come around and remember everthing their taught. Just like privates.

LOL!! You got that right. Sounds like some Soldiers I have had before.:rofl_200:Great analogy.

our neighbor had one when i was a kid... It was a BAD MFER until it got out of their yard and ran up into ours growling at me. It never knew what happened when my 115 lbs half sharpei half German shepard hit it lol. I've always thought that they were beautiful dogs, but wouldn't have one because of how stupid other people are around strange dogs.

I'm more of a mastiff person now :D

Just out of curiosity Bawls, what kind of Mastiff do ya have. I used to have a Neo Mastiff. I ended up selling him to a guy I worked with. The dog was getting to big to go up and down some steep steps that were not optional. He also could not get in my truck w/o lifting him very good and it wasn't going to get any better as he aged. Figured he would be better off. Cool dog though.

Just lookin back at my friend Ray. He's a little over a 1 year old and about 120 lbs. now. Figured I'd post some updated pics. Excellent temperament and wicked smart. What a metamorphosis!

From This

Ray pup.jpg

To This

Ray1.jpg

Ray2.jpg

Great dog.
I do not have Akita but the Schoth shepard dog Collie, blue merle.
Young female one, just an 5 months.

Heard lot of great opinions about Akita.
Two friends of mine have them.
Very friendly dogs.

I've had Caucasian shepard about 4 years ago but he died after
12 yers of his life. Its quite a long life to Caucasian.
Typicaly 10 years max.
That was the best dog that i have in my life.
Not for anyone couse they very big.
Mine have about 180lbs.

I had an Alaskan Malamute.
He weighed 140lbs.

He was HUGE, even for a husky.

He also was likely the stupidest dog I've ever owned, but had a heart of gold and I miss him much :)
________
herbal vaporizers

Last edited:
LOL I had a girl for about 12 years she passed away about a year ago and she was a bitch in every sense of the word. Their the closest thing to a wolf I know.

Just got a boy this spring 8 month's and about 105 lbs. and still growin. He's a good boy...just lick ya to death.

My brother got a Boxer about the same time I did this year. He's an awesome dog.

Don't have a lot of time now (gotta do that work thing) but I'll post some pics this evening.

Closer than the Malamute as i almost bought one of those until i saw the owner getting dragged down the road by 1 of these on a lead chasing a cat . The owner who breed them had 2 and if they ever got out the would clean up all the cats in the neighbourhood and come back covered in blood . They would get very bored easily . New a retired guy that had 1 and he had no probs as he was home all day .
If i can remember the 1 i looked at the father was a wolf 2 generations back .

Closer than the Malamute as i almost bought one of those until i saw the owner getting dragged down the road by 1 of these on a lead chasing a cat . The owner who breed them had 2 and if they ever got out the would clean up all the cats in the neighbourhood and come back covered in blood . They would get very bored easily . New a retired guy that had 1 and he had no probs as he was home all day .
If i can remember the 1 i looked at the father was a wolf 2 generations back . Her is a pic of 1 .

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 10
Back