Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely will do man; I lived in Houston for several years back in the late 80's, early 90's and love riding around there. Really nice up north where you're at.

Ditto Austin, if you ever head this way give me a shout. Some nice roads over this way!

Hi all,

I may or may not have joined this site in the past. Either way I can't retrieve any username or email associated with this forum so I rejoined.
I just moved down to Houston in January from NY and am enjoying all the warm winter riding. Hope to meet up with some good people here and get out on the roads. Ive been kicking around some of the vmax forums but havent really found one that i would call "home"
Anyway here a few pics of my bike.
n1060965673_30218032_5758.jpg

n1060965673_30218033_5989.jpg

My bike is on the left.

n1060965673_30218034_6167.jpg

Peace
Matt

Hi Matt and welcome to the forum!:cheers: Well you can't just post a few pictures of your fat tire, chain driven, blown VMax :surprise: and not go into more details! So start a new thread in the User Mods forum and let us know everything you've done to the bike (include pictures! ):thumbs up:

Welcome Matt! Very nice looking Max you have there! :thumbs up: :thumbs up:
Like Buster, I to would like some more details , even more pics if you have 'em too! :punk:

Ive been dreaming about a vmax for 24 years. Now in IA im dreaming about riding it. My first bike. Ilove it & enjoy reading stories about them.

Attachments

• kyle 002.jpg
    kyle 002.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 18
  • kyle 003.jpg
    kyle 003.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 12
Nice! What a lovely ride. Is the 'most powerful exhaust in the world' on it?

Welcome too, if you're into the Max you're gonna love it here..

Hey guys, new member here. I just sold my 1987 Yamaha YX600 that treated me well this week and upgraded to a 1988 V-Max. I bought it from the original owner with 56k on it, its spent ever night of its life (until this week) in a garage, but its in covered parking with a nice bike cover on it now, so I don't feel too guilty :biglaugh: The bike starts on the very first try every time, even with this silly 35 degree weather that mid-Michigan has been throwing at us. Since its been cold, I've only ridden it about 10 miles to get it home, but it really seems to run strong. Its *quite* a bit more bike than the old YX600 :biglaugh:

Anyways, just bought some new gear and I'm hoping the weather breaks soon so I can take her out! Oh, the only problem it has is the tachometer is inaccurate, so if that sounds like a problem you've had, I'm gonna post it in the electric topic so help me out! See you all around the boards...

-Sambow

Attachments

• CIMG1093.JPG
    CIMG1093.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 18
  • CIMG1094.JPG
    CIMG1094.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 14
Sweet ride! Welcome to the best Max site in our galaxy.

Now, beware of the mod monkey, if he gets hold of you he won't let go LOL

Im in love with the max. I grew up watching my dad go for a putt on his 85 kerk 4-1. I could hear him for miles. So ya thats why i went Drag Star. Im just takin it easy getting used to it. Ive definatley came home a couple of times & a few hours later been questioned "what are you smiling about" She usually doesnt think its funny.

Attachments

• kyle 002.jpg
    kyle 002.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 15
Welcome to the world of v max mymax, and the v max forum. It's a great place to hang out!!
Love that pipe, what is it? UFO? It looks cool!

Welcome to the world of v max mymax, and the v max forum. It's a great place to hang out!!
Love that pipe, what is it? UFO? It looks cool!

wondering the same thing! i really like it.. is it a slip on or full exhaust?

It's the UFO Drag Star. I love it. I put 6 miles on it last night. Doesnt sound like much but thats 48 1/8 mile passes.:biglaugh:

Last edited:
It's the UFO Drag Star. I love it. I put 6 miles on it last night. Doesnt sound like much but thats 14 1/8 mile passes.:biglaugh:

Ah, that clears that up.....I wasn't familiar with the 'Drag Star' you were referring to...thought it was some v max model I didn't know about!! :biglaugh:
Love the looks tho-are they real loud?

Isn't there (8) 1/8th mile passes in a mile?? :ummm:

6 miles X (8) 1/8th mile passes = (48) 1/8th mile passes. No?? :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Just funning with ya!!

See how excited i get I cant even add. The pipe is definatley LOUD. Ive been reading what some say about Cornell. who knows im stuck with it now. I know I dont have another grand to drop on a pipe. & i was pushing my Dad to get the Batlestar for his 09

See how excited i get I cant even add. The pipe is definatley LOUD. Ive been reading what some say about Cornell. who knows im stuck with it now. I know I dont have another grand to drop on a pipe. & i was pushing my Dad to get the Batlestar for his 09

Some guys have had run-ins with him but if your deal went well that's all that matters right?

You got a great looking, and great sounding (I'm sure) system...it wouldn't bother me a bit to be "stuck with it!!" :thumbs up:

Latest posts

Back