Battery Tender install?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RowdyMax

Reaction score
Hey gents. I've searched thread after thread without success...
I've just purchased a tender to winterize this season and wondered if there is a thread describing a pigtail install. I haven't had the seat off yet, but from what I've read, it seems like quite a birds nest under there. I'd like to install pigtails for future convenience. To do this right, should a fuse line be installed as well? Any thoughts on placement of pigtails? Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Rowdy.

The Battery Tender pig-tail has an inline fuse. If you make one, it is a good idea to include a fuse. Mine is just hooked to the + and - terminals on the battery.

mine had a fuse built in. I just run it down and behind one of the side panels.

When I had a lead acid my pigtail went from battery terminals and down left side. I stuffed it in wire tie just in front of side cover.

Guess if I'd opened the box I'd have seen the fuses...he, he.
Pigtails installed and working A1.

Thanks for the tips guys. :thumbs up:

Rowdy

Damn right. Try it, you may get your front wheel off the ground. ;-)

why do you need to adjust the carb floats after installing pigtails? I'm going to lordco auto parts to pick up some wire to connect to battery terminals today, then hide it somewhere for easy trickle charge.

why do you need to adjust the carb floats after installing pigtails? I'm going to lordco auto parts to pick up some wire to connect to battery terminals today, then hide it somewhere for easy trickle charge.

That's a banned member (lankees) idea of being funny!

Disregard and I will delete the stupid comment!

I placed my pigtail just forward of the anti-freeze jug and left just enough tail so that when I want to plug in, I unlock the top cover, unfold the pigtail to the right side of the Max and replace the top cover. When I'm not charging, all I do is re-fold the pigtail into the space by the jug and relock the top cover.

That way, no one ever sees the pigtail and it isn't ever exposed to water or other elements.

I went the other way with mine.

back along the right side of the fuel fill and tucked in

pop the seat open and plug-n-play!

Latest posts

Back