Battery Tender

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kozy

Reaction score
I got a battery tender for Christmas.....can I hook the leads up to the little 6" cable that comes from each terminal of the battery? Or do they have to be connected to the battery terminals themselves?

I also got $500 cash. I had that money spent before I had the card read that the money came in! Progressives, LED Brake light, and comp baffle for the Kerker!!!!
Now I just gotta wait for spring to come so I can actually take it OUT of the garage :bang head:

I just hooked mine to the terminals and ran the other end back to the gas cap. Just flip the center section open and plug in. By the way, isnt this Indiana wheather great . Just kidding. It blows

I RAN MINE DOWN THE LEFT SIDE FRAME RAIL , 6" ABOVE & 4" IN BACK OF THE LEFT SIDE FOOT PEG ON THE INSIDE OF THE FRAME RAIL IS A STEEL LOOP THAT HOLDS ALL THE HOSES & HYDRAULIC CLUTCH HOSE , ITS EASY TO GET TO , JUST GET OFF THE BIKE & PLUG IT IN !:eusa_dance:

I just hooked mine to the terminals and ran the other end back to the gas cap. Just flip the center section open and plug in. By the way, isnt this Indiana wheather great . Just kidding. It blows

I'm not sure that "it blows" quite defines it well enough. When you go from an ice storm and sub-freezing temps that shut down all of Northwest Indiana one night to mid 50 degree temperatures the next night, something is majorly effed up. I hate the weather here. We don't have spring, summer, fall, and winter. We have a screwed up version of ALL of those months combined into one. It's gay.

A mate of mine has just got 1 for xmas and was talking to the local suzuki dealer saying that he had 1 for his bike and still had the same battery for 13 years on her , think i might invest in 1 for the winter here .

As for the weather 27 DEG CENT no wind and not a cloud in the sky .:clapping::punk::clapping::punk::clapping::punk::rocket bike:

I RAN MINE DOWN THE LEFT SIDE FRAME RAIL , 6" ABOVE & 4" IN BACK OF THE LEFT SIDE FOOT PEG ON THE INSIDE OF THE FRAME RAIL IS A STEEL LOOP THAT HOLDS ALL THE HOSES & HYDRAULIC CLUTCH HOSE , ITS EASY TO GET TO , JUST GET OFF THE BIKE & PLUG IT IN !:eusa_dance:

Got mine today as winter is approaching , to get to the battery to set this up do i need to take the pillion seat off to get to the bottom bolts of riders seat .
It is dark out there and have real bad lighting in shed .
Also when you hook it up i know that connection to go to charger has a cover on it but has anyone ever had a problem with it , getting wet etc.. while riding ?

hmm, similar here i got home a lil' too drunk lol

LOL, been there before. good ol body on the bed, one foot on the floor and then go for the ride.

hypotront.gif

Also when you hook it up i know that connection to go to charger has a cover on it but has anyone ever had a problem with it , getting wet etc.. while riding ?

I've never had a problem with mine all these years with the elements......in the area of the RH side cover, get off the bike and plug in........same for full-time duty throughout the winter months......I love it........you might want to put an in-line fuse in the circuit too.......not only for the usual accidental shorting issues but also that some wise-a$$ doesn't come along and see it, short the ends together and see if he can get your bike to smoke.......

I've never had a problem with mine all these years with the elements......in the area of the RH side cover, get off the bike and plug in........same for full-time duty throughout the winter months......I love it........you might want to put an in-line fuse in the circuit too.......not only for the usual accidental shorting issues but also that some wise-a$$ doesn't come along and see it, short the ends together and see if he can get your bike to smoke.......

It has a fuse in it anyways , i ended up putting it up under the seat by the petrol tank . Pop the seat and plug it in :clapping::punk:

Back