best exhaust

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a two brothers racing 4into one set up which sounds very mean but not too loud and I still have the center stand.

I need to go to a big meet and hear everybody's stuff. I wanna hear mark's and sean's next to my trapps, also the delkevics. I want carbon!!!

Email me a link. Got some new Carbon cans in process at the moment too. Not as large as some of our other work but nice enough and removable baffles.

Email me a link. Got some new Carbon cans in process at the moment too. Not as large as some of our other work but nice enough and removable baffles.

No way. The Monkey is strong with me... I must resist. When the funds are available, they'll find their way to you anyway.

I'm a little late to this thread, but I really love the Hindle exhaust I just put on mine.

vmaxbuild170.jpg
]

vmaxbuild184.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8iOFruFFgA

It also ran up to 122 mph in the 1/4, on my first time out at the track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki9XnG-JsFg

Power increase is very good as well, +9 hp at 9100 rpm without rejetting.

vmaxbuild164.jpg

Including centerstand removal, it dropped 33.4 lbs of weight from the bike.

I got mine through Brock's Performance.

http://www.brocksperformance.com

Anyway, lots of great choices out there, but that's my .02! :)

I'm glad you posted this; I also want to get a new exhaust. I currently have a drilled out set of stockers on my 05. not sure if I want to go through the trouble of rejetting or the hassle of not having the center stand since I do most of my own maintenance.

I was really thinking about the suppertrapps, but I’m afraid they won’t be loud enough for me. I had a Vance & Hines header and pipe on my old CB700SC that was super super obnoxious; so I’m sort of looking in the middle. I like hearing every ones opinions on what sounds good.

My question is. Is it worth the $ for a full system?

I think the later Kawi Z1000's mufflers would look right at home on a Gen 1.

3xm8kZz.jpg

Any tech wizards have any idea if it's feasible to fit those up and not lose performance?

As long as its not the first z1000 pipes. Twin cans and bright shiny gold. Those things were hideous.

I think the later Kawi Z1000's mufflers would look right at home on a Gen 1.

3xm8kZz.jpg

Any tech wizards have any idea if it's feasible to fit those up and not lose performance?

Friend of mine did it but I'm still wondering if I like them or not. No idea of the performance though. He did it more for the look. Sound wise it's close to the stock exhaust. I can get some pics if you guys are interested.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Not sure which I don't like most? The exhaust or the tail section and rack. Maybe the combination of the two aren't what does it for me?

I think it is so different that it just doesn't look right. The modern muffler design with the old school V-Max.... May be able to get used to but I don't think I would use that muffler on my Max. :confused2:

Yeah I have the same feeling. It doesn't match but could look good. They might look better on my bike which is more aggressive looking.

Here it is.

I kinda thought I would like it when it was suggested, after seeing it I don't.

It looks like one of those giant outsized rock fists from the Marvel hero the "Thing" I think he's called

Attachments

• thing.jpg
    thing.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 17
Yep they look a bit huge from the side view. Good thing they were not green lol

I like the UFO for performance, glorious sound and price.
Money no object I'd only consider OVER RACING

Back