Best mod you ever did?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Install the koso gauge speedo/tach...

Attachments

• IMG_20140422_135104.jpg
    IMG_20140422_135104.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 81
Install the koso gauge speedo/tach...

That's sweet. I hate the way you have to look down at the stock RPM gauge. Would love to see full pic of your bike too. I like the color. Trying to find a great paint scheme for mine.

Best mod I ever had done was have Jedi redesign and make the super strong gear/shafts to make my bike feel now like that 250 tire BELONGS on it. No lag, no hesitation and he even made one gear one tooth smaller so now that I faced it out to the back it definetly feels and has an Overdrive effect. Now I'm not always looking for another gear on the highway. There's a lot of things big and small that make this thing like no other Vmax. Todd, what brand is that phone holder/charger? I'm looking into that as well. It's between a Scala system or eventually a Skully helmet. Or one of those new hud's that attaches to the helmet. I want my Vmax to be the iPhone of motorcycles!!! That's one reason I like the Diavel cause I'm a gadget fanatic!!

That's sweet. I hate the way you have to look down at the stock RPM gauge. Would love to see full pic of your bike too. I like the color. Trying to find a great paint scheme for mine.

Same here, but I want to keep my mods as close to a factory stock look as possible; I was toying with the idea of adapting a Radian tach and locating right next to the speedo.....

035.JPG

034.JPG

Sketchy i might need help with some custom bar ends for the B King. Well if Todd dont have time to come up with something Its great knowing that you guys all of you guys that take such great care of all of our bike needs are there for all of us.

Sounds good bro, let me know.

Ed i thought the best mod you made was your son. Or should say sons because one of them can push like a mother focker.:biglaugh:

The best mod I have ever done to my bike was my cell phone charger/holder.

1621741_733032016730506_960376010_n.jpg

I can use the GPS, the digital speedo, snap pictures or take video, charge my phone, listen to my music and text all while I ride!

I know alot of people will list performance mods or maybe a set mod. But this is truely the best thing I have ever put on a bike.

Todd

What brand of clamp is that ? I would like to get one!

Ed i thought the best mod you made was your son. Or should say sons because one of them can push like a mother focker.:biglaugh:

Lol, yea Mike, got me on that one, that frayed stator wire was the root of all my electrical issues. But, this year I'm good to go. I replaced the R/R, the stator and the battery as well as ran my R/R directly to my battery put a Heavy duty braided ground strap and eliminated the "crimp" all together. Now at idle I'm at 14.4V so I could probably run a few hundred more LED's!! Lol, last years thunder trip was one I hope never happens again and at least my son won't have to push start me ever again. Hope to see you at Thunder this year!

EDITED...
Ram makes a ton of different ways to mount your phone/ gps/ camera/ etc. to your handlebars or other locations.
This is what I use to hold my iphone 5, which is in a water resistant Lifeproof case: RAMMOUNT: ram-hol-pd3u (Under $20)
Ram ATV Mount.jpg
The bottom two posts are fixed, all four of the side posts are adjustable to the width of you phone and the the top two posts are spring loaded which has a pretty strong spring to hold your phone.
I have been on bumpy ass roads, to 140 mph many times and it has never moved.
I'll show you it mounted when I get my sweet custom bar clamp back from Todd. I have a Ram ball mount that replaces the clamp bolt.
I also have a Burns Moto USB charger with a SAE adapter (like Battery Tender) for my phone.

Last edited:
Back