Best pipe?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bawls

Reaction score
I've been looking around, and haven't really found anything out other than not to buy the cobra pipes (no brainer). What is the best performing pipe out there, and what are your guys opinions on the HMF? is anyone running it? Dyno chart wise, it seems that the UFO's make really good power. Is this what people are seeing in the real world as well?

For best peak horsepower it's a Kerker or Handle 4 into 1. Mark's, UFO,Dales and HF are pretty close. Best thing to do is figure out what looks the best to you.

Mark

looks don't mean anything if the pipes don't perform. I come from a long line of drag racers so i kind of have that beat into my head. What's the deal with ufo? why are they not good?

looks don't mean anything if the pipes don't perform. I come from a long line of drag racers so i kind of have that beat into my head. What's the deal with ufo? why are they not good?

A lot of people have had real customer service issues with Jon.:whistlin:

I have Walkers pipes and love them. He is currently retooling to go with stainless head pipes so his lead time is out some 2 months or so...

Check out the vendors section. Namely the good and bad vendors thread.:thumbs up:

Cheers,
Chris

Bawls...

Mark was trying to tell you that since all the 4-2 systems you mentioned are pretty close matched in numbers...pick the one you like the looks of best on your bike.

People around here lean towards Marks, HMF, Dale's for a reason.

:cheers:

Neil

Bawls...

Mark was trying to tell you that since all the 4-2 systems you mentioned are pretty close matched in numbers...pick the one you like the looks of best on your bike.

People around here lean towards Marks, HMF, Dale's for a reason.

:cheers:

Neil

The Kerker looks and sounds great (the best IMHO)but you have to lose your center stand and cut the tabs off the frame that you bolt the stand to.:bang head:

Dale claims his 4-2 gave his '89 6 more HP then his Hindle/Walker pipe he sold previously. You can see his dyno runs...:thumbs up: 120 compared to 114 I believe.:ummm: Same bike and all...

Last edited:
I run a kerker 4-2-1 system - one of the best performing pipes and there's two baffles you can use - a street baffle and a race only.

The street baffle sounds good and not too loud and the race only baffle sounds really good and is pretty loud but it's has a hotrod drafster sound to it. Easy to switch from one to the other - 3 bolts and sonmme fine tuning and your done.

I've been looking around, and haven't really found anything out other than not to buy the cobra pipes (no brainer). What is the best performing pipe out there, and what are your guys opinions on the HMF? is anyone running it? Dyno chart wise, it seems that the UFO's make really good power. Is this what people are seeing in the real world as well?
I have the new megaphone design UFO pipes on mine and they sound great, but your ears will be ringing if ya wear a helmet for a 3 hour ride. I'm looking to get something more toned down. I talked with Marks, and I think I will be going with his, although he has a 4 week backlog as of now. From what I've read, all the manufacturers pipes for the max will all produce close to the same power on a finely tuned bike and I don't think the difference there is between them could be felt in the seat for the street, so it's looks and sound that I would say to go with. Just an opinion..

We've dynoed about every type of pipe out there. There is no tendenacy of any brand or type to make more power over another. It breaks down to looks, sound, fit/finish, customer service, and price.

Sean Morley

Here's a great pipe ....

bong.jpg

.... hold on, what are we talking about...:biglaugh:

yeah, but if i buy that one i might lose my job as a rescue swimmer... then who will the gangsters in new orleans shoot at next time there's a hurricane in the gulf?

That pipe really looks like quarterhourse's carb balancer... no wonder he balances his carbs 3 times a day!

I just mounted the SS hindle 4 into 1 with a Hindle titanium pipe. F in LOVE it. Jet kit etc. Sounds AWESOME. :punk:

Back