Best value for improving braking?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DigitalArts

Reaction score
As I said in a previous comment, I swear my front brakes are just pushing soap covered cardboard onto my rotors.

We're talking about the 85 forks/brakes options but feel free to add in any for the 93+ incase I can grab a set of those forks for a good price.

So, what's the best cost effective method of being able to pull an endo or at least have two finger serious stopping power?

I was looking at Sean's kit, and also other caliper/pad/rotor swaps.

The Busa brakes only fit on the early forks (85-92). He also has the FZR 750 -1000 six pot calipers that will bolt onto the 93-07 forks without the adaptors.

I have adapters now for either front end setup. Shoot me an email and i'll send you info

I installed a '93+ front end on my 1992, and went w/FZR1000 4-pot Tokico calipers (100 mm o.c. direct bolt-on), Russell stainless steel brake lines, and EBC HH pads. I used the stock 1993 master cyl I got from ronayres. Of course you need the 298 mm rotors. It works very well, and I enjoy the 43 mm front end downtubes versus the smaller dia 1985-1992 front end. I have a Superbrace and switched to radial tires at the same time, and the bike acts very much differently, for the better by quite a bit. I had it in the stock configuration for 20 years, so I know how-different.

The USD forks and whatever brakes you'd get w/the USD front end would be an improvement yet again, bit that's probably gonna cost what my modest ride is worth.

The cheapest, easiest mod is HH rated pads from a quality supplier.

Talked to Sean and sometime late next month I'm going to go with the dual Busa front brakes (since I already have the two SS lines) and hopefully those along with the cooler looking levers should improve braking a ton!

I'll probably end up devoting a weekend to the bike to get the forks shaved down for the radial rim in the front etc.

Make sure you have the 298mm diameter rotors and you may want to try some HH brake pads. I have 298mm wavy rotors, dual SS brake lines, Busa calipers with EBC HH Pads which is all actuated with the Ebay adjustable levers using stock master cylinders. Mine operate using two fingers and are fairly progressive in the feel department.

I installed a '93+ front end on my 1992, and went w/FZR1000 4-pot Tokico calipers (100 mm o.c. direct bolt-on), Russell stainless steel brake lines, and EBC HH pads. I used the stock 1993 master cyl I got from ronayres. Of course you need the 298 mm rotors. It works very well, and I enjoy the 43 mm front end downtubes versus the smaller dia 1985-1992 front end. I have a Superbrace and switched to radial tires at the same time, and the bike acts very much differently, for the better by quite a bit. I had it in the stock configuration for 20 years, so I know how-different.

The USD forks and whatever brakes you'd get w/the USD front end would be an improvement yet again, bit that's probably gonna cost what my modest ride is worth.

The cheapest, easiest mod is HH rated pads from a quality supplier.

Fire-medic can you post few pics. I like to see them... And keep the pic for my vmax files mod stuff.

I have the gsxr on my 92

Attachments

• IMG_20150424_084941_465.jpg
    IMG_20150424_084941_465.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 69
Back