Big Thanks To CycleOneOff

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil-3446

Reaction score
Tom at CycleOneOff is the man. I ordered a raw braced and double notched swingarm a few weeks ago. It took a week longer to finish than Tom wanted, so, he had it powder coated for me for free!

I've had my 1985 Max for over 22 years now ;) Decided to put an Artfibras body kit on him, and do a few other things this year. Tom is being a great help and doing a FZR to VMax 17x5.5 rear wheel for me as we speak.

Max sat in storage for the past 12 years with a total of 6087 miles...most of those 1/4 mile at a time ;) Battery leaked and ruined the paint on the cases years ago, but, my new blaster cabinet and PC system should take care of that.

sad_max_03.jpg

SwingArm installed...

swingarm_01.jpg

swingarm_02.jpg

Now when HMF starts shipping again I'll have something else to do. I need to get him out soon so we can watch movies again!

:cheers:

PS: Saw some strange information on this site: http://www.awol.co.za/FrameForkSwingarmBraces.htm

He suggests drilling a hole in the bottom of the SW to help in getting the splines on the driveshaft lined up with the U-Joint...WTF??? Guess we all should know the reason the hole on the top is already there??? A half loop piece of string does the trick nicely.

Looks like it's coming together M8...

I haven't had the good customer support from C.O.O.

No email returns or eta's of orders... Took my money and then saw the parts 3 weeks later... No thank you email or anything.:bang head:

Hopefully they get their customer support figured out soon...

Good luck with the project and keep us posted. I am thinking about getting a swingarm as well...:punk:

Last edited:
Looks like it's coming together M8...

I haven't had the good customer support from C.O.O.

No email returns or eta's of orders... Took my money and then saw the parts 3 weeks later... No thank you email or anything.:bang head:

Good luck with the project and keep us posted. I am thinking about getting a swingarm as well...:punk:

4gasem...

Sorry you've not had good CS with COO! I always call Tom on the phone. If he's not available, he always calls me back shortly. Most of the time we end up spending 45 minutes or so talking about Maxes and everything else under the sun.

Mocked Max with the new 200 tire tonight. With the double notched he has about 1/4 left to play with. Put that on a 5.5 drawing the sidewalls in a little, and there is more to go.

Waiting on the wheel now.

fat_tire_max_02.jpg

4gasem...

Sorry you've not had good CS with COO! I always call Tom on the phone. If he's not available, he always calls me back shortly. Most of the time we end up spending 45 minutes or so talking about Maxes and everything else under the sun.

Mocked Max with the new 200 tire tonight. With the double notched he has about 1/4 left to play with. Put that on a 5.5 drawing the sidewalls in a little, and there is more to go.

Waiting on the wheel now.

Went with a Shinko huh? Good tire I heard for 105 bucks...:thumbs up: A guy in town melts them on the track racing his ZX10R turbo bike... Brought him into the mid nines so far and he's looking for 8's with the stock wheelbase...:surprise:

Back