Bigger gas tank

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rossk

Reaction score
Does anyone know if L3K is still in business? I emailed them several times about their tank and never received a response. Also, their web site doesn't list a phone number for them.

Thanks for the link. That have a lot of nice options for the bike. I will contact them. Thanks again for your help.

Can anyone speak of the quality level of that gas tank listed on that website?

Having a slight larger tank would really be awesome....I'll take the slight weight penalty for the extended range.

I saw at least 2 different enlarged tanks while at the 30th anniversary event. All of the tanks looked great. One was a welded tank and the other was a plastic molded tank.

The alloy welded is from raats and it costs around 850 euros and the plastic molded one is from optimal carbone and in the 1000 range

Thanks wildweasel for the info.

Which one do you recommend? I'm a little concerned with the plastic version because in the USA, our gas is a little different (higher alcohol content) which can cause expansion issues of the plastic if the original designer did not account for the issue.

Optimal Carbone is a great website....looks very dangerous for my bank account!!!

alot of cars nowdays run plastic tanks. replacement tanks for auto restoration are now available in plastic also so I don't think it should be an issue.
later, bill

If I remember well the plastic one I saw (with Sean) had pretty thick walls. The weight difference I would say is negligible so personally I would go with the alloy one as its easier to repair if you break a bolt or strip a thread and modifiable. Both are corrosion resistant and the alloy is cheaper.

Back