Bigger generator???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a similar problem and am glad this was resurrected. I have the following items and cannot run with most on without depleting my Odyssey battery. If I run the extra lights it runs my battery down even at highway speed.

Two 35 watt running lights
One 55 watt driving light
100 watt high beam
Rear signals set up as running lights - 16 watts
Rear reflector light - ? watts
High wattage tail light bulbs (2) - ? watts

Additional electrical mods:

Manual fan switch
12 volt lighter plug for GPS, etc
Crimp fix

All my lights are bulbs, no LED's.

I want to upgrade my stator / R&R to easily handle the extra load with no negative side effects.

Hopefully this thread will come up with the answers... :biglaugh:

Sorry but I have tooooooo :rofl_200: I can fix this..... quit riding at night:rofl_200:

G

thanks miles for the response. i'm hunting down a gremlin that has recently developed. i'm not entirely sure the root cause, but two mornings within the last week, i've straddled a bike that won't start because of a battery w/ inadequate cranking amps. after the first time i stuck a battery monitor into the mix and noticed that the battery wasn't getting charged properly when the fan kicks in. with my "driving lights" on, the battery wasn't getting charged at all.

i'll have to verify the version of the Rick's stator that I have--if it is the "+50 W" version, or not..i don't think it would be different, but from the sounds of it, i have a very similar setup as you and i should be OK--and the best that i can tell, I was OK for a year and a handful of months. Perhaps the battery can't hold a charge? but it's only a little over a year old, which got me wondering whether or not the charging circuit was the matter.
Ok you need to let the battery sit to let the acid soak the mat before you charge it they changed the matting in side. If you do not do this the battery life is short. At least 40 min. That could be it.

Latest posts

Back