Excerpts of Hillary's speeches from Wikileaks

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traumahawk

Reaction score
EXCERPTS OF HILLARY Clinton’s remarks during paid speeches to Goldman Sachs, Deutsche Bank, Morgan Stanley, and other groups were leaked online on Friday afternoon by WikiLeaks. Clinton, who was paid upwards of $225,000 per speech, earned more than $22 million on the paid speaking circuit after resigning as secretary of state.

The excerpts are revealed in an email from Tony Carrk, the research director of the Clinton campaign, to John Podesta, the campaign chairman, and other top campaign officials. Carrk, who did not respond to a request for comment, highlighted in the memo the most politically damaging quotes from each paid speech, under headers including “CLINTON ADMITS SHE IS OUT OF TOUCH,” “CLINTON SAYS YOU NEED TO HAVE A PRIVATE AND PUBLIC POSITION ON POLICY,” and “CLINTON REMARKS ARE PRO KEYSTONE AND PRO TRADE.”

The wealth Clinton accumulated was a topic at the paid events.

Discussing middle class economic anxieties, Clinton told a crowd at a Goldman Sachs-sponsored speech that she is now “kind of far removed because the life I’ve lived and the economic, you know, fortunes that my husband and I now enjoy, but I haven’t forgotten it.”

But the discussions were also an opportunity for Clinton to speak candidly about policy, politics, and her approach to governing.

Touching on her view of developing financial regulations, Clinton declared to a crowd of Goldman Sachs bankers that in order to “figure out what works,” the “people that know the industry better than anybody are the people who work in the industry.”

At the Goldman Sachs Builders and Innovators Summit, Clinton responded to a question from chief executive Lloyd Blankfein, who quipped that you “go to Washington” to “make a small fortune.” Clinton agreed with the comment and complained about ethics rules that require officials to divest from certain assets before entering government. “There is such a bias against people who have led successful and/or complicated lives,” Clinton said.

At a 2013 speech for Morgan Stanley on April 18, Clinton praised the Simpson-Bowles deficit reduction plan — which would reduce corporate tax rates while raising the Social Security age. “But Simpson-Bowles — and I know you heard from Erskine earlier today — put forth the right framework. Namely, we have to restrain spending, we have to have adequate revenues, and we have to incentivize growth. It’s a three-part formula,” she said.

Clinton also told a housing trade group in 2013 that on certain issues, she has “a public and a private position.” “If everybody’s watching, you know, all of the back room discussions and the deals, you know, then people get a little nervous, to say the least,” said Clinton. “So, you need both a public and a private position.”

The Intercept was the first media outlet to ask Clinton directly if she would release the transcripts of her paid speeches to Goldman Sachs. When approached at an event in Manchester, New Hampshire, Clinton laughed off the question.

The issue was raised again during the Democratic primary debates and in other media events. In February of this year, the New York Times editorial board called for Clinton to release her speech transcripts, declaring that voters “have every right to know what Mrs. Clinton told these groups.”

According to reports, the campaign reviewed the speech transcripts but decided against releasing them out of fear that she would appear too friendly to bank and other donor interest groups.

But there are signs in the emails released by WikiLeaks that she also took a fairly progressive stance on certain topics, including health care reform.

During a talk in Grand Rapids, Michigan, in 2013, Clinton praised the single-payer model for health care reform. “If you look at the single-payer systems, like Scandinavia, Canada, and elsewhere, they can get costs down because, you know, although their care, according to statistics, overall is as good or better on primary care,” she said, adding that there were some drawbacks. “They do impose things like waiting times, you know.”

But during the campaign this year, she again reversed her position, declaring that single payer will “never, ever” happen in the U.S. Audio obtained by The Intercept last week showed Clinton dismissing the idea of free health care during another private event with donors.

https://theintercept.com/2016/10/07...aid-speeches-to-goldman-sachs-finally-leaked/

I was just watching the news and the clinton camp was releasing "shocking" comments Trump made about women, it was hyped up and all it was was a little male-esque smack talking about some lady that was a guest on a show or some such thing back in 05. They are really reaching, and it pales in comparison to the above. I really hope a large enough % of voters have an accurate perspective on Hillary going into the poles.

i was just watching the news and the clinton camp was releasing "shocking" comments trump made about women, it was hyped up and all it was was a little male-esque smack talking about some lady that was a guest on a show or some such thing back in 05. They are really reaching, and it pales in comparison to the above. I really hope a large enough % of voters have an accurate perspective on hillary going into the poles.
me too!!!

I thought Trump's comments where sickening. If that's the way you talk about women I feel sorry for you.

I thought Trump's comments where sickening. If that's the way you talk about women I feel sorry for you.

Its sure not ideal but after spending the first half of my life in blue collar occupations its a long way from shocking and falls well short of convincing me that hes less fit than Hillary, even though he is clearly unfit. I can see how it would be offensive to some, he is disappointing no doubt but sickening fits Hillary better.

Its sure not ideal but after spending the first half of my life in blue collar occupations its a long way from shocking and falls well short of convincing me that hes less fit than Hillary, even though he is clearly unfit. I can see how it would be offensive to some, he is disappointing no doubt but sickening fits Hillary better.

Yeah, DT is not ideal in the least bit, but HC on top would be gross and an holy unfit entity for the U.S..

I may not be a huge Trump fan, but the one thing I can say, is at least, he is NOT a career politician. Hildebeast was both inept and ineffectual in her roles as state senator of New York and as secretary of state, not to mention that she is a pathological liar, or using her own PC term, she has "misspoken" from time to time!!!

i wouldnt vote on any of the two...
there should be a way to force new candidates to step over,someone with a decent personality and no problem with the law or finances.
yes,asking too much lol

I was just watching the news and the clinton camp was releasing "shocking" comments Trump made about women, it was hyped up and all it was was a little male-esque smack talking about some lady that was a guest on a show or some such thing back in 05. They are really reaching, and it pales in comparison to the above. I really hope a large enough % of voters have an accurate perspective on Hillary going into the poles.

+1 Male smack talk is exactly what it was....ever been watching a barroom TV when Lonnie Anderson came on the screen? Same shit.....yeah, a little lewd, a little crude....in the grand scheme of things....meaningless!

Remember, Hillary doesn't SUCK.
If she did Bill might have stayed home.
Hillary:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

But then again, Maybe Not............

+1 Male smack talk is exactly what it was....ever been watching a barroom TV when Lonnie Anderson came on the screen? Same shit.....yeah, a little lewd, a little crude....in the grand scheme of things....meaningless!

It would be unremarkable to hear from one of the guys in the shop or towyard, I know I said some stuff and agreed with some other stuff when someone mentioned Qi Shu (Transporter trunk girl) that would surely keep the lot of us out of public office, but none of us were stupid enough to be caught on live mic with that. Its just not a big deal really and doesnt illustrate a problem.

Now I work in a female dominated field and I can tell you that the girls have locker room bantor that would burn your ears when they forget there is a male nurse around. Delicate flower, ok, sure! I have heard the ladies say things that makes Trumps words sound like a reading of Anne of Green Gables, and with some regularity.:punk:

It would be unremarkable to hear from one of the guys in the shop or towyard, I know I said some stuff and agreed with some other stuff when someone mentioned Qi Shu (Transporter trunk girl) that would surely keep the lot of us out of public office, but none of us were stupid enough to be caught on live mic with that. Its just not a big deal really and doesnt illustrate a problem.

Now I work in a female dominated field and I can tell you that the girls have locker room bantor that would burn your ears when they forget there is a male nurse around. Delicate flower, ok, sure! I have heard the ladies say things that makes Trumps words sound like a reading of Anne of Green Gables, and with some regularity.:punk:

Fer sure....fer sure!

Trump TALKS about some crude and rude things regarding women. Bill and Hillary Clinton DID some crude and rude things TO women.

Trump TALKS about some crude and rude things regarding women. Bill and Hillary Clinton DID some crude and rude things TO women.

Actually he was talking about what he has done, and does do to women.

It's amazing he's gotten as far as he has with his history on a lot of things not just women. I know that because I've spent my whole life 10 miles from NYC and have been exposed to him for many years.

He has hoodwinked a large portion of the country who do not know much about him.

You can put a fork in him now though, he's done.

Actually he was talking about what he has done, and does do to women.

It's amazing he's gotten as far as he has with his history on a lot of things not just women. I know that because I've spent my whole life 10 miles from NYC and have been exposed to him for many years.

He has hoodwinked a large portion of the country who do not know much about him.

You can put a fork in him now though, he's done.

I must agree with you, I think plenty of us were/are highly apprehensive about him and struggle to take him seriously. He has one simple task he MUST complete to be of service to this country and that is to displace Hillary Clinton. We really need him to break the toxic grip of the democratic/liberal/progressive party on the WH and the USA. Being better than Clinton and Obama almost goes without saying and has little meaning but its all we have as of now.

After that he can choke on a ballgag in Operah's basement and be discarded throuh a commercial wood chipper into a dumpster behind Safeway, VP becomes POTUS, bandaid applied!

I just followed that link, hit his camp page and did some other reading. Overall solid but some serious red flags present.

Im alarmed by some of his anti-choice stances, he seems to embrace the antiquated views that gov has any business in the personal lives of citizens (abortion, marriage, marijuana prohibition et al). Thats the intrusive attitude that helped make a democratic president possible in the first place. IMO a great many citizens are no longer willing to sacrifice personal choice for adequate fiscal management. Times have changed and this shoe doesnt fit much better than the liberal one. We need a solid president, not a personal dictator. I have several conservative friends and mean no disrespect but this is an area of real concern.

That being said he seems to have some fairly solid stances on some important issues making him an overall better choice than the other two clowns who have shown frightening lack of charactor and dangerous ineptitude. I am sorry that he did not come in sooner, I think he is a higher quality choice than Trump or Clinton.

Back