Bike's arrived !!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naughtyG

Reaction score
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

So so so happy it's finally here - almost 12 calendar months later..

..but now I need help!

Of course, since it sat in warehouses and ships and more warehouses since leaving Kyle's last year, crud accumulated in the tank, fuel deteriorated, and now it runs like shit, won't idle without choke, and both right-hand carbs are wet with fuel. :bang head:

I've taken the slides out today - all good there other than dirty needles. Took all four pilot screws out, all dirty and I think the #4 o-ring is shot. I did a peashooter but it didn't help, and can't do shotgun as I haven't got compressed air anymore. :damn angry: I drained the fuel bowls and all clean fuel (good news) but the right-hand carbs dropped twice as much fuel as the left, hence I know either there's a float problem or the needle valves are stuck. :confused2:

Gave it a good sync and cleaned the plugs (they were all black with soot) and reset pilot screws to 2.5 turns (they were all at 1 & 3/4 out).

But... it still runs like shit, #4 cylinder pops and stutters, I get both carb and exhaust pops, and won't idle without choke. So it looks like I'm gonna need to drop the carbs and give 'em a good clean, and I'll replace my tank with the brand new larger one while I'm at it - I can see shit in the bottom of the old one..

I'm gonna need new pilot screws o-rings, and also one of the vacuum plugs is cracked and leaks, so I'm looking for a good set of these (3) as well. Anyone has some? Sean, do you sell the o-rings? Dunno how easy I can get them here..

Anyway, coupla pictures - first how it arrived, second 15mns after I got home and gave it a good wash! :clapping:

Attachments

• P1130525.jpg
    P1130525.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 74
  • P1130555.jpg
    P1130555.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 60
I cant help with carburetor parts ,but I'm glad to see you got your ride there !

Almost like Christmas! I do have pretty much all that stuff (though I have an order of new parts waiting to come in again).

Sean

I've just emailed you about those parts Sean.

Bike gets inspected (and hopefully registered) tomorrow.

Then I'm gonna fit:
- larger Exactrep tank
- Jardines slip-ons
- windscreen
- LED blinkers
- SS front brake lines
- put the HH pads they took off back in!

and then I'm gonna ride it!! Had a quick blip of vboost today, even though it runs like shit it was still so delicious :)

Congrats.. thats a long time to wait for a ride. im sire itl be worth it tho, once you get the issues sorted.

t$

Bike looks great G! Congrats on finally getting it.

I'm sure you will have the tune issues sorted out in no time.

Mike

Jeez G, Customs there SUCKS, Down Under.
Looks as good as when it left Kyle's. Beautiful.
Hope you can get real Gas there... Runs so much better.

Last edited:
wow 12 months... you may have mentioned it in another thread, maybe not but, why the delay? what was the gvm'ts reason for not dealing with the bike? sounds like some bullshit on the gvm'ts behalf to me.

congrats on the bike it is very sharp. good luck with your ride!

peace,
evan...

wow 12 months... you may have mentioned it in another thread, maybe not but, why the delay? what was the gvm'ts reason for not dealing with the bike? sounds like some bullshit on the gvm'ts behalf to me.

congrats on the bike it is very sharp. good luck with your ride!

peace,
evan...

I think it was the business which is modifying the bike that was the hold-up. For what they did, it sure seems like a poor deal, but if that is the company that gets it thru the process, and there are no others, that's sad.

Thanks for the update. its too bad that there are shit buisnesses out there.

cheers,
evan...

Good to hear! It is at your home where it belongs, now just needs some loving! Looks really nice, sorry its running like crap

Congrats on finally getting you're ride G. I'm sure it'll run nice after a good carb job

Carb job is done - they're now squeaky clean. Just waiting for a few parts to arrive to button it back up, and while I'm waiting I got started on all the mods I'd bought over the last 12 months!

Latest posts

Back