Brake fluid Dot 5

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I check the master cylinders of the bike clean. And check my 944 just to make sure brake fluid 5 dot 4 years old clean.

I'm happy with it.

Attachments

• P1060674.jpg
    P1060674.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 40
So far everything is ok date 11/29/2014 no water in calipers no dot 4 mix,

So far so good no problems with the system this winter.... March 9 2015

I might consider changing to synthetic, anything to make brake fluids last longer for long term storage.
I mean years long storage.

I been use it in kz1000 for about 10 years, i start use it in the vmax - i got piss win some dot 4 spilled out on my new powder side covers and the fake tank...
I did have a rag around the master cylinder to.

"O" i been use it 3 cars for years....

My vmax stayed out side for 2 winter, I never seen any sign of moisture.... in both bikes.

Make sure the system is clean from dot 3/4.....

I use my vacuum pump to clean out the system and bleed the lines....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZViG9FMXhzw

I check all fluids dot 5 everything work grate no problems. 4/28/2015

I just had my master cylinder fail on the KZ550 that I bought new in 1980. In 1983 I added a second front caliper and braided Russell lines; I flushed and filled with DOT 5 silicone. So yeah it eventually failed but (1) it took 33 years and (2) it didnt hurt the paint on my nice original tank when it emptied itself onto it. Oh and (3) I was easily pulling fronties on it the whole time, running two calipers on a one caliper MC.

I'm draining everything right now, but I think I'll put the other half of that bottle of silicone DOT 5 back in.

Latest posts

Back