brake pad question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davemax

Reaction score
The factory pads on my 06 max are really grooving up my rotors. I was told to switch to kevlar pads. Is there any truth to this? Will the kevlar pads take the grooves out or should I turn them? I live in the city and am adicted to the v-boost so I am on the brakes quite often so will the kevlar pads last as long as regular pads?

:punk:

I think the consensus is EBC HH pads are the better pads to use. Weather they are kevlar, I don't know.
I never had a problem with grooving on my 06, But the oem pads caused squeaking that absolutely annoyed me so I replaced them with the EBC HH pads long before they got half worn.

I think the consensus is EBC HH pads are the better pads to use. Weather they are kevlar, I don't know.
I never had a problem with grooving on my 06, But the oem pads caused squeaking that absolutely annoyed me so I replaced them with the EBC HH pads long before they got half worn.

I love my HH pads by EBC
I have also got a squeal now on my rear brakes when they arent really applied hard
I am going to try and resurface my rotor and add some non squeak paste on the pads
Other than that EBC HH are the way to go on stock brakes

A quick way to eliminate that annoying brake pad squeal is to apply a very thin coat of silicone (any color) to the back of the pad where it contacts the brake piston. Do this while you are assembling new pads or just remove the 'still good' used ones and apply, then re-assemble.

I've never put up with a brake 'squeal' by using this method. Ever. It prevents the harmonic pad vibration more commonly referred to as 'squeal'.

I use the silicone because I always have a tube of one color or another for various projects in my workbench at all times. The regular brake stuff they sell at the autoparts stores will probably do the same thing, I just never bought any.

EBC HH are great - White Buffalo Racing is the cheapest place to buy - check the link section of this site

Back