Bright Gauge's Remedy (color change)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is what I ordered exactly and they look great:

---------- PRODUCT INFORMATION ----------

Qty | Product / Options | Price (each) |
================================================================
3 | 74-x Wedge Base LED bulb | $ 1.19 |
Red 74-R
----------------------------------------------------------------
1 | 74-xHP Wedge Base LED Bulb | $ 2.49 |
Red 74-RHP
1 | 74-xHP3 Wedge Base LED bulb | $ 3.49 |
Red 74-RHP3

Here is what I ordered exactly and they look great:

---------- PRODUCT INFORMATION ----------

Qty | Product / Options | Price (each) |
================================================================
3 | 74-x Wedge Base LED bulb | $ 1.19 |
Red 74-R
1 | 74-xHP Wedge Base LED Bulb | $ 2.49 |
Red 74-RHP
1 | 74-xHP3 Wedge Base LED bulb | $ 3.49 |
Red 74-RHP3

I used just the 74-xHP for the the speedo and the 74-xHP3's for the instruments. Ruby RED ofcourse for my 2005.....

go to http://www.superbrightleds.com and look under 12volt car bulbs, miniature wedge base, Instrument Panel and Gauge LED Wedge Base bulbs

I Ordered All Of The Bulbs Yesterday ( red ) , As Soon As I Install Them I Will Post Pictures !

Last edited:
I GOT THE BULBS ALREADY , 12:01 TODAY , MAN , THEY MUST OF BEEN IN TRANSIT ALL WEEK-END ! .. :punk:.. NOW ALL I NEED IS THE TIME TO PUT THEM IN ! .. :confused2:

AS YOU GUYS ALL KNOW , TWO & A HALF YEARS AGO , IN THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD , I PUT IN LOWER WATT BULBS & RED GEL BULB COVERS , SO THE LAST COUPLE OF TIMES THAT I RODE AT NIGHT , MY GAUGES WERE NOTICEABLY BRIGHTER , LIKE BARELY PINK ! ... SO I FIGURED THAT THE COLOR HAS BEEN GRADUALLY BEING BURNED OUT OF THE BULB COVERS , SO I GOT ALL NEW LED BULBS , ( THANKS TO ALL OF YOU GUYS I NEW JUST WHAT TO GET ) ... SO I JUST TOOK IT ALL APART AND MAN THERE WAS BARELY ANY COLOR LEFT IN THOSE COVERS ! ... SO I PUT IN ALL NEW LED BULBS , #74XHP3 RED , IN EVERY ILLUMINATION SOCKET , AND I HAVE TO SAY IT IS SO FRIGGING AWESOME , THAT DEEP RED GLOW IS AWESOME ! ... :punk:

Attachments

• 100_1217.jpg
    100_1217.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 100_1221.jpg
    100_1221.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 100_1219.jpg
    100_1219.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
AS YOU GUYS ALL KNOW , TWO & A HALF YEARS AGO , IN THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD , I PUT IN LOWER WATT BULBS & RED GEL BULB COVERS , SO THE LAST COUPLE OF TIMES THAT I RODE AT NIGHT , MY GAUGES WERE NOTICEABLY BRIGHTER , LIKE BARELY PINK ! ... SO I FIGURED THAT THE COLOR HAS BEEN GRADUALLY BEING BURNED OUT OF THE BULB COVERS , SO I GOT ALL NEW LED BULBS , ( THANKS TO ALL OF YOU GUYS I NEW JUST WHAT TO GET ) ... SO I JUST TOOK IT ALL APART AND MAN THERE WAS BARELY ANY COLOR LEFT IN THOSE COVERS ! ... SO I PUT IN ALL NEW LED BULBS , #74XHP3 RED , IN EVERY ILLUMINATION SOCKET , AND I HAVE TO SAY IT IS SO FRIGGING AWESOME , THAT DEEP RED GLOW IS AWESOME ! ... :punk:
AND NOTICE HOW CONSISTENT THE COLOR IS , WITH THIS BULB SET UP ! .. :punk:

Attachments

• 100_1217.jpg
    100_1217.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 100_1219.jpg
    100_1219.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 24
AND NOTICE HOW CONSISTENT THE COLOR IS , WITH THIS BULB SET UP ! .. :punk:

sweet deal man, just about to order my other ones up.

so tim you dont find that one gauge is brighter then the others? i know pictures sometimes make it look worse then it is.

just wondering as i ended up in V1 using the brightest in the water temp, a bright and low in the speedo and med in the tach, seems to be matched. But if yours all look even and not too bright i'll just go your route of thinking.........all out or nothing :rofl_200:

alright Tim, ordered 5 of the bright ones as i still got one here and had them sent south so they will be ready for you when you show up :punk:

sweet deal man, just about to order my other ones up.

so Tim you don't find that one gauge is brighter then the others? i know pictures sometimes make it look worse then it is.

just wondering as i ended up in V1 using the brightest in the water temp, a bright and low in the speedo and med in the tach, seems to be matched. But if yours all look even and not too bright I'll just go your route of thinking.........all out or nothing :rofl_200:
I KNOW IT LOOKS BRIGHTER BUT ITS NOT , THERE ALL THE SAME , I WOULDN'T STEER YOU WRONG ! ... WELL MAYBE ... :rofl_200: ... I JUST GOT MY OTHER 6 #74xHP3 "RED" , FOR SPARE & MAYBE FOR BUTCHES BIKE , SO NOW I STILL HAVE 4 OF EVERY OTHER PART NUMBER IN "RED" EVEN #24'S . SO I'LL BRING THEM ALL WITH ME TO DANNY'S IN 5 WEEKS & WE CAN SWITCH THEM AROUND IN YOUR MAX , IF YOU THINK THERE TO BRIGHT ! ... IMO. THE #74xHP & THE #74xHP3 ARE THE SAME BRIGHTNESS , THE #74xHP3 HAS 3 BULBS , ONE ON TOP & TWO OFF OF THE SIDES , THIS IS EMITTING LIGHT IN EVERY DIRECTION , AS TO WHERE ALL OF THE OTHERS MAINLY JUST COME OUT OF THE TOP . ... TO ME ITS JUST MORE LIGHT , BUT NOT A BRIGHTER LIGHT ! .......................... BUT " FRIGGING AWESOME " NONE THE LESS ! .. :punk::clapping::punk: .. THANKS AGAIN FOR EVERYONES INPUT !

i trust ya man i'll do it. i got a bunch of the other ones also just incase when i first did my order so ya just spares for who knows what, i was going to bring them anyways.

when i put them in V1 here it was still daylight at midnight so i couldnt tell how bright it was going to be with all 4 so i stepped it down, havent driven in the pitch black yet so still dont know, might have to chg these ones one day but season almost over here so wont bother. maybe winter when im bored

like the idea of the extra light just spilling out, must look cool at night:punk:

i trust ya man I'll do it. i got a bunch of the other ones also just incase when i first did my order so ya just spares for who knows what, i was going to bring them anyways.

when i put them in V1 here it was still daylight at midnight so i couldn't tell how bright it was going to be with all 4 so i stepped it down, haven't driven in the pitch black yet so still don't know, might have to chg these ones one day but season almost over here so wont bother. maybe winter when I'm bored

like the idea of the extra light just spilling out, must look cool at night:punk:
ITS AWESOME ! .. :punk:.. I LIKE IT SO MUCH I CANT SLEEP ! .. :biglaugh::rofl_200:

I WAS ON VACATION FOR 5 DAYS , JUST WENT OUT IN MY TRAILER & LOOKED AT MY GAUGES , MAN THEY ARE SO AWESOME ! ... THANKS FOR ALL OF THE INPUT ABOUT THE LED. LIGHTS & THEIR PART NUMBERS ! .. :punk:

led's have arrived at destination, all ready for you bro!!! I cant wait..........

LED's have arrived at destination, all ready for you bro!!! I cant wait..........
YEA , DANNY SAID THEY WERE THERE WHEN I WAS AT HIS HOUSE , I CANT WAIT TO PUT THEM IN FOR YOU ! ... I BROUGHT UP MY EXTRAS TO DANNY'S BUT HE DIDN'T WANT ME TO PUT THEM IN , HE SAID HE NEVER RIDES AT NIGHT SO HE WOULDN'T SEE IT ANYWAY ! ... MAKES SENSE ! .. :punk:

I'm going riding at 9:00 , this will be my first ride in the dark with the new led. Lights in my gauges , I cant wait & I will post tomorrow how they look & if they are to bright !

WENT 63 MILES LAST NIGHT IN THE DARK , UP & DOWN THE " JERSEY SHORE " , THE GAUGES ARE AWESOME , THEY ARE SO HYPNOTIZING , THAT I KEPT STARING AT THEM , SOMETIMES FOR SO LONG I THOUGHT THAT I WAS GOING TO RUN INTO SOMETHING ! .. :rofl_200: ... ALL KIDDING ASIDE , THIS IS A VERY , CHEAP & EASY " MOD " TO DO & IT LOOKS SO GOOD , IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE IT YET , " IMO " YOU ARE DEFINITELY MISSING OUT ! ... :confused2:

COMING SOON ! ... I AM IN THE PROCESS OF HOOKING UP ALL 4 DIFFERENT PART NUMBER LED BULBS TO POWER , ALL AT ONCE , WITH THEM SIDE BY SIDE STICKING THROUGH A POSTER BOARD & TAKING PICTURES OF THEM IN THE LIGHT & WITH A TRIPOD IN THE DARK , SO EVERYONE CAN SEE WHAT THE BULBS LOOK LIKE UNLIT , LIT & SEE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN EACH ONE OF THEM AS COMPARED TO THE OTHERS ! .. PART NUMBERS INCLUDED ! ... :punk:

hey dude, what led's are you using? Cree P4 superfluxes are cheap and they look great

Back