Bright Gauge's Remedy (color change)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell yeah!! Little dick-weed is directly responsible for the Nitrous Oxide mod!!

He also infected Sallymax with the 'swingarm pivot cap mod'....although that was was a very tasteful and low cost mod and I applaud him on that one! :biglaugh:

oh jeeze. sorry about that! haha. yea gotta re-energize the pivot caps!

IS IT A TOTALLY DIFFERENT HEADLIGHT ASSEMBLY , OR A BULB ?

This is in the stock vmax headlight assembly, but you replace your bulb with an HID bulb, new ballast, and a relay. I was able to tuck it all away behind my scoops. Very clean and definately Very, VERY BRIGHT, did I say VERY BRIGHT!!!:punk:

Yup, I just came on....yes, I just ordered my led gauge lights in green for the '99 and will do red ones on Sallymax.

Man, they sure don't look anything like bulbs...more like little transformers or something. :ummm:

ya for sure they look weird but work great, i love the red ones on V2, even in daylight they look cool

get this god damn monkey off my back

:rofl_200::rofl_200:

Garrett....the little bastids multiply and attach themselves to anyone who tries to help you....Jeebus, one jumped from your bike to mine at over 100 miles an hour on the Taconic last year!!!

Sorry man, yer on yer own!! :rofl_200:[/QUOTE]

:biglaugh::punk::punk:

oh sweet dan looks great, i cant wait to get my blue ones, think they will look killer also

Yup, I can do that! What the hell, I'm just sitting here in my skivvies all toasty warm, getting ready to crawl into a nice warm bed .....sure I'll just run on out like this, it's above freezing, I think.....what could possibly go wrong?? :ummm:
:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200: JK!!

Attachments

• 100_2186.jpg
    100_2186.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 56
Yup, I can do that! What the hell, I'm just sitting here in my skivvies all toasty warm, getting ready to crawl into a nice warm bed .....sure I'll just run on out like this, it's above freezing, I think.....what could possibly go wrong?? :ummm:
THANKS DAN , HOLY SHIT THATS F!@#%^G AWESOME ! ..:punk:.. PS . ON A SIDE NOTE , I HEAR THAT GOING OUT TO TAKE PICTURES AT NIGHT WHEN ITS 19 DEGREASE OUT IN YOUR " SKIVVIES " , CAN MAKE YOU SHRINK AS MUCH AS 2 INCHES ! .. :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

YOU KNOW IT BROTHA!!!!!

THANKS DAN , HOLY SHIT THATS F!@#%^G AWESOME ! ..:punk:.. PS . ON A SIDE NOTE , I HEAR THAT GOING OUT TO TAKE PICTURES AT NIGHT WHEN ITS 19 DEGREASE OUT IN YOUR " SKIVVIES " , CAN MAKE YOU SHRINK AS MUCH AS 2 INCHES ! .. :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

BURN!!!!!!! nice one CR :punk::punk::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Uh -Oh!! :bang head:

I'm thinking I might upgrade the regular 74x's I put in the speedo to the 74HP's.

I used a HP3 for the temp, and a HP for the tach and those both look good. The speedo is a bit dim, in the "middle" of the gauge you really can't see the numbers. It's not really bad, but could stand to be a bit brighter.

I'm not sure the blacklight or "UV" leds would work very well. Mainly because they visible light output is so low, as they say most the the light emitted is invisible UV, they appear purple since that's the closest visible frequency to what they produce, and some of their light "leaks out" as visible.
Now maybe if you treated the gauge faces with some of the blacklight paint or something so it glows? Or even got the face re-made out of glow in the dark plastic. That'd be sick....they glow after you shut it off. Cool, but I'm sure way too expensive/difficult to merit.

The green looks really sick also. I'm considering doing this now for my Yamaha sled, but I'm not sure if it's possible since it has a sportbike-style gauge cluster(analog tach, screen for fuel, odo, and speed) and I think some of those have the leds soldered to the circuit board.

I'm thinking I might upgrade the regular 74x's I put in the speedo to the 74HP's.

I used a HP3 for the temp, and a HP for the tach and those both look good. The speedo is a bit dim, in the "middle" of the gauge you really can't see the numbers. It's not really bad, but could stand to be a bit brighter.

I'm not sure the blacklight or "UV" leds would work very well. Mainly because they visible light output is so low, as they say most the the light emitted is invisible UV, they appear purple since that's the closest visible frequency to what they produce, and some of their light "leaks out" as visible.
Now maybe if you treated the gauge faces with some of the blacklight paint or something so it glows? Or even got the face re-made out of glow in the dark plastic. That'd be sick....they glow after you shut it off. Cool, but I'm sure way too expensive/difficult to merit.

The green looks really sick also. I'm considering doing this now for my Yamaha sled, but I'm not sure if it's possible since it has a sportbike-style gauge cluster(analog tach, screen for fuel, odo, and speed) and I think some of those have the leds soldered to the circuit board.

I agree with Ryan the speedo is just a tad too dim. i'd probably go 74HP on speedo and tach, then the x3 on temp for those doing this.

but getting to the speedo is a pain, esp with a flyscreen so it'll probably stay like this for a while.

yup, i can do that! What the hell, i'm just sitting here in my skivvies all toasty warm, getting ready to crawl into a nice warm bed .....sure i'll just run on out like this, it's above freezing, i think.....what could possibly go wrong?? :ummm:
:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200: Jk!!
Thanks A Lot " DANNY " , NOW I MIGHT HAVE TO SWITCH MINE TO GREEN !

might as well go as CR has done, all four the super bright ones, i forget the number even thou i just ordered some today, something like 74xph3 . did that to my bike and its perfects you wont be disappointed, just DO IT hahaha

Back