VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I JUST ORDERED 4 OF EACH , #74X BULBS , #74XHP BULBS , #74XHP3 BULBS , AND #24XHP BULBS , ALL IN RED ! I SAW IN THE BEGINNING OF THIS THREAD THAT I HAD USED SOME # 24 BULBS , SO I HAVE THEM COMING JUST IN CASE ! .. :confused2:.. http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=2864
I JUST INSTALLED ALL OF MY NEW LED'S , I WOUND UP PUTTING #74XHP3 RED IN ALL OF MY ILLUMINATION SOCKETS , IT IS FRIGGING AWESOME ! .. :punk:

the 74xhp3 are the brightest right ? please show some pics :)

yes those are the brightest wedge bulb. We are using them for the instrument cluster mainly the water temp gauge being its the hardest to illuminate. There should be some other pics earlier in this thread. This is a picture I took dark in my garage. The 74xhp3's are in the temperature and RPM gauges.

Attachments

• IMG_5000.jpg
    IMG_5000.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 118
the 74xhp3 are the brightest right ? Please show some pics :)
yes the 74xhp3 have 3 lights in one , so they give off 360 deg.'s of light , man it worked out great ! ... IT LOOKS JUST LIKE 06VMAXIMUS'S PICTURES ON POST #24 OF THIS THREAD !

YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE IT , I RODE 309 MILES TODAY , THE WHOLE TIME I WAS WISHING IT WAS DARK ! ,, I JUST WENT OUT INTO MY TRAILER & TURNED OUT THE LIGHTS , COVERED MY HEADLIGHT , JUST TO CHECK IT OUT AGAIN ! ... ITS AWESOME ! .. :punk:

YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE IT , I RODE 309 MILES TODAY , THE WHOLE TIME I WAS WISHING IT WAS DARK ! ,, I JUST WENT OUT INTO MY TRAILER & TURNED OUT THE LIGHTS , COVERED MY HEADLIGHT , JUST TO CHECK IT OUT AGAIN ! ... ITS AWESOME ! .. :punk:

sweet!!!!!

HEY " ROVIC " , IF YOU BRING THE BULBS WITH YOU TO DANNY'S , I'LL PUT THEM IN WHILE YOU & HIM ARE WORKING ON THE OTHER STUFF ! .. :punk:.. ALSO ORDER 6 OF #74XHP3 , THIS WAY IF ONE IS NO GOOD WE STILL HAVE ANOTHER ONE TO COMPLETE THE JOB & YOU'LL HAVE A SPARE ! .. http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-...on=DispPage&Page2Disp=/mini-wedge.html#ipanel

sweet good deal i'll take you up on that man, i have two already and two of the other led's but listening to you i guess i have no choice but to put all 5 of the best of the best eh!!!!!! Done and Done............ gonna order them tomorrow :punk::punk:

sweet good deal i'll take you up on that man, i have two already and two of the other led's but listening to you i guess i have no choice but to put all 5 of the best of the best eh!!!!!! Done and done............ Gonna order them tomorrow :punk::punk:
actually , you only need 4 bulbs for the job , but i like having spares , just incase one is no good while its apart , you don't have to put it back together & wait for another $3.00 bulb , then have to take it back apart ! Plus if you order 6 & 1 is bad , you'll still have a spare incase one goes bad , usually led's are good or bad right away , but on my sons wagon , one of the 3 bulb light strips went very dim after only like 20 hours & i solder everything , so it wasn't the connection ! .. good thing i had a spare ! .. but it still sucked to change ! .. :bang head::bang head::bang head:

actually , you only need 4 bulbs for the job , but i like having spares , just incase one is no good while its apart , you don't have to put it back together & wait for another $3.00 bulb , then have to take it back apart ! Plus if you order 6 & 1 is bad , you'll still have a spare incase one goes bad , usually led's are good or bad right away , but on my sons wagon , one of the 3 bulb light strips went very dim after only like 20 hours & i solder everything , so it wasn't the connection ! .. good thing i had a spare ! .. but it still sucked to change ! .. :bang head::bang head::bang head:

im with ya man. just double checked i only got 1 of the brightest ones and like 5 of the medium ones, 3 basic ones, so got lots of other spares. :bang head:

I did my mod when Tim first mentioned it and hardly notice it now, it just seems so normal, that and I don't ride a lot at night. But, while I was at the Spring Icebreaker I was showing someone something on my bike and was standing back 25' away with one of the guys and he said "I like your red dash lights."
It is a cool mod for sure and I have the original bulbs not the brighter spec'd units. Still looks good though even if one isn't as bright as the others.

HERES MY GAUGES WITH ALL 4 #74xHP3 " RED " BULBS INSTALLED IN THEM ! ... YOU'LL GET THE IDEA ! .. REMEMBER , THEY ACTUALLY LOOK BETTER & MUCH MORE RED IN PERSON ! .. :punk:... THE COLOR IS VERY CONSISTENT WITH THIS SET UP ! ... AND IT IS SO MUCH BETTER THEN THE GEL CAPS OVER THE BULBS ! .. I CANNOT BELIEVE THE DIFFERENCE ! ... :punk:

Attachments

• 100_1221.jpg
    100_1221.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 105
  • 100_1217.jpg
    100_1217.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 99
  • 100_1219.jpg
    100_1219.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 100_1215.jpg
    100_1215.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 85
yup sure does look sharp Tim. not too many miles on your bike eh...... things like new

I have got more than 4500 so far this year but half of it was the Brownie Run '10/ Spring Icebreaker trip in 12 days (just under 2400 miles).

HERES MY GAUGES WITH ALL 4 #74xHP3 " RED " BULBS INSTALLED IN THEM ! ... YOU'LL GET THE IDEA ! .. REMEMBER , THEY ACTUALLY LOOK BETTER & MUCH MORE RED IN PERSON ! .. :punk:... THE COLOR IS VERY CONSISTENT WITH THIS SET UP ! ... AND IT IS SO MUCH BETTER THEN THE GEL CAPS OVER THE BULBS ! .. I CANNOT BELIEVE THE DIFFERENCE ! ... :punk:
Gauges look great, Tim! I might have to change mine over to ALL HP3's.:biglaugh:

Back