VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gauges look great, Tim! I might have to change mine over to ALL HP3's. :biglaugh:
"LOL""LOL""LOL" , I KNOW , THATS WHY I HAD ORDERED 4 OF EACH , ONCE YOU GAVE ME THE PART NUMBERER'S ! .. I COVER MY HEADLIGHT WITH A TOWEL AND IT IS PITCH BLACK IN MY STOCK CAR TRAILER WITH THE LIGHTS OFF , SO FIRST I DID IT EXACTLY LIKE YOU DID , THEN I TOOK MY TACH & TEMP BACK OFF & PUT IN THE HP3'S , IT ALL LOOKED GREAT SO I LEFT IT & ORDERED 6 MORE # 74xHP3 , JUST SO I HAVE SPARES AND / OR , IF ANY OF MY FRIENDS WANT ME TO TRY THEM IN THEIR BIKES , I HAVE ALL OF THE DIFFERENT PART NUMBERS , " IN STOCK " ! .. THANKS AGAIN " 06VMAXIMUS " :punk:

"LOL""LOL""LOL" , I KNOW , THATS WHY I HAD ORDERED 4 OF EACH , ONCE YOU GAVE ME THE PART NUMBERER'S ! .. I COVER MY HEADLIGHT WITH A TOWEL AND IT IS PITCH BLACK IN MY STOCK CAR TRAILER WITH THE LIGHTS OFF , SO FIRST I DID IT EXACTLY LIKE YOU DID , THEN I TOOK MY TACH & TEMP BACK OFF & PUT IN THE HP3'S , IT ALL LOOKED GREAT SO I LEFT IT & ORDERED 6 MORE # 74xHP3 , JUST SO I HAVE SPARES AND / OR , IF ANY OF MY FRIENDS WANT ME TO TRY THEM IN THEIR BIKES , I HAVE ALL OF THE DIFFERENT PART NUMBERS , " IN STOCK " ! .. THANKS AGAIN " 06VMAXIMUS " :punk:
Hey, no thanks deserved by me!! You and yukonerdave are the ones who got the whole idea going! Its a great mod.:eusa_dance:

Heres All Of The Different Bulbs And Their Part Numbers , So Everyone Can See Them & Compare Them ! ... From Left To Right ; #24xhp - #74x - #74xhp - #74xhp3 , .. I Used 4 OF #74xhp3 , It Is The Only Bulb That Shoots Light Out In Three Different Directions !

Attachments

• 100_1269.jpg
    100_1269.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 100_1268.jpg
    100_1268.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 100_1262.jpg
    100_1262.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 97
  • 100_1264.jpg
    100_1264.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 88
  • 100_1266.jpg
    100_1266.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 100_1267.jpg
    100_1267.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 92
  • 100_1265.jpg
    100_1265.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 90
  • 100_1263.jpg
    100_1263.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 100_1220.jpg
    100_1220.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Anyone Who Is Putting These LED Bulbs In , Just Remember That They Are All " POLARITY SENSITIVE " !

Thanks for the step-by-step Yukoner and the idea Cop Runner! I love the dramatic change! I used 2 74xhp for the speedo and 2 74xhp3 for the gauges. I may change the speedo out to the 74xhp3's just because they are so much brighter! Here's a pic...

photo.jpg :punk:

Man that looks sweet. Im gonna have to go change my bulbs again now! Mod Monkey wins again. Thanks for the tips guys

the steps proved very valuable. it made the mod enjoyable. i did, however, take off the turn signal bracket as well. i also had to squeeze the first bulb holder (and ended just doing them all) between my fingers to tighten it up so that the bulb would actually stay in. almost got pissed thinking that the mod would include a new bulb housing. i scored 25% on the "get the bulb in with the right polarity on the first try" game.
t2309.gif

check out my gauges now: http://www.vmaxforum.net/showpost.php?p=184398&postcount=278

Last edited:
Thanks for resurrecting this. I was just going to order oem replacement bulbs. I was thinking maybe it was time after 23 years. So why spend $10.00 on oem when you can spend a hundred. Ordered 5 each in red,white,blue,and green in 74hxp3 and 74xhp. Thanks again as I wanted to change to l.e.d. But I didn't know what to use. Rand

This mod is awesome. Ordering the red LEDs tomorrow. It will match my Pontiac dashboard.:rofl_200: Thanks everyone for the pictures and input, made my decision very easy. About how long did shipping take from superbrightleds.com?

Great mod I ordered the blue l.e.ds a few days ago. They arrived today and the install was simple and the results are great. thanks to all:punk:

Blue is on the way. 1st mod down :banana: Marks is getting the next call! You guys rock!

Alright, seems most people have the blue LEDs, so I got the green. Not sure if it is going to ge ok or not. I was concerned that the "55" in red block on the speedo would not show up but it does. The lumens on the green were a little brighter than the others, plus of the 4 brightness levels of the bulbs I got the 2nd. I'll know more when I get it out, right now waiting on my new gas tank, other was rusty inside.

Back